Thread: The misses is going mouldy due to fly bites

Wanderer

The misses is going mouldy due to fly bites

Couldn't find a medicine section, so here goes

We live in the avon valley, outside bristol on a barge. So we live in bliss, i love the wildlife the food etc kind of the same. But this year the wildlife is eating the misses, a mozzie bite to her looks like the ring of roses from the plague

Yet the daugter and i are fine, she has bug repellent, we hang worm wood (different subject; could i use this in moon shine, or would i cut off my ear?) burn a bog myrtle candle.

But can i change her diet so she isn't so tasty?

Why do some campers get eaten alive and not anothers?....

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    They covered the subject of some being immune to mozzy and midge bites on spring watch, it turns out it's down to a single mutation in the DNA whether you're lucky or not.

Throw some pine cones on the grill and let them smolder, and the mozzies will be gone...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Wanderer
    I used to get eaten as a cadet/scout but i had chemo about ten years ago, the good news is that i'm still alive and mozzies don't like me now

The misses doesn't fancey six months of chemo, and is looking for something kinder

I am mossie fodder too or at least i was till a friend got me some incognito mosquito repellent. I've not been bitten in a year and a half of using it! not cheap but a little goes a long way and its all natural ingredients. Worth a look!
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Samuel Hearne
    Mossies love me and the bite site swells up big style I carry anti histamine tablets and Piriton injections (epipen) cant spell, I also carry insect repellent for when I really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcrusher View Post
    I am mossie fodder too or at least i was till a friend got me some incognito mosquito repellent. I've not been bitten in a year and a half of using it! not cheap but a little goes a long way and its all natural ingredients. Worth a look!
    Could you name names please?
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    Could you name names please?
    HaHa! very droll
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

My wife has a condition called pernicious anaemia. Quite simply, if she does not have a vitamin B injection four times a year, she dies. The plus side is that she rarely gets bitten as bitey thing don't like vitamin B. Rather than a life threatening condition, regular meals with marmite work well (provided you're not in the "hate it" camp).

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

P.S. If I get bitten, I find a dab of toothpaste left to dry on the offending area stops the itching.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.