Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelly kettles

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I have a Kelly kettle don't use it as often as I should have, think I'll take it out in the coming weeks give it an airing, the additional parts for the Kelly kettle pot stand etc.. are reasonably easy to come by, I've got spares on the shelf. BTW the Blue Heeler Australian Cattle Dog I've often wondered what type of dog they were. Recalling Mad Max II (Mel Gibson) dog companion in the Interceptor.
    Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	13315
    Last edited by David_JAFO; 14-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.

I use a 1 litre Ghillie kettle but like everyone else says, they're not for hiking (although they make a smaller one),

WARNING: when you first use yours, Don't over do the fire they boil fast and can boil violently ejecting boiling water out of the spout,
    I nearly got caught on my first boil by having a bonfire in it

Like Scott said, The M kettle is fantastic for a brew and can also be used with a trangia burner, It' my go to for drinks
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Samuel Hearne
    I like the idea of a Kelly Kettle but I don't drink hot brews, SWMBO drinks hot brews so I might get the M Kettle for when we go fishing that way she have a brew when she wants to.

I love my Kelly kettle, it permanently rides around in my truck and gets regular use as I teach woodwork on a farm so have lots of sticks and space! One thing I made for mine is a three legged steel stand that pushes into the ground and supports the fire pan - makes it more stable and stops the fire scorching the ground. Will take a pic and post it later.