Thread: Laundry sachets as Tinder

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."

Laundry sachets as Tinder

hello,
    I use quite a lot of colour run whitener sachets in my laundry for my whites, shirts, etc.. these small sachets measure 5" inches x 3" inches made of a cotton type material. I've been using them post laundry from the washing machine, dried out as a tinder Then I had a brainwave what if they were filled with flammable material as sort of tinder tea bag? I cut along the 3" inch edge neatly & sealed this up afterwards with a piece of paper like masking tape as this burns too no problem. When dried on their own, they catch sparks from a ferro rod no problem. Experimenting with dried flammable natural goods, also adding some impregnated cotton wadding, polishing cloth material, or (Neil) Chubbs excellent tinder combination of clear neutral shoe polish soaked into squares of cotton cloth, which BTW catches instantly with sparks from a ferro rod. I have tried fatwood wood shavings rich with turps instant ignition. It was just a idea of recycling a cotton laundry sachet & transporting a 5" x 3" inch pocket full of dried tinder on Bushcraft outings. *I'll have to sort out some photo's of these post later
    Regards
    David

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    You do love to experiment don't you

Tinder tea bag - marvellous idea
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I indeed do like to experiment especially with the simplest of things in a survival situation
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Silkhi View Post
    You do love to experiment don't you
    Tinder tea bag - marvellous idea