Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brushed up my first aid skills

After being a volunteer first aider for 5 years with St John Ambulance, I have recently left my job to become a full time member, as an Emergency transport attendant, working frontline with the NHS... I wholeheartedly applaud anyone who wants to learn first aid, even if it is just basic lifesaving skills. And given our interest in the outdoors, with sharp tools and fire, heat, cold, in the event of a situation arising, it is good to see that many of us would at least know enough to kickstart the system of rescue and treatment... Rune, I salute you on becoming a member of a very important part of outdoor life, and I wish you every happiness in your time with the team.
    Utringue Paratus

Northern Soul Bushcraft.......

Well, well, looks like they are pulling me up to the next level. Just recieved a message to show up for basic SAR training on Thursday, bring map and compass, and they have given the meeting point as a grid reference, ha ha

I guess I better start getting used to having some kit ready :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

"If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Samuel Hearne
    Good on you fishy, its always good to climb the ladder and learn new skills.

Completed a First Aid at Work course yesterday. Not that much has changed since I did a course 10-15 years ago. What did suprise me was how much knowledge I retained from the first course - a tribute really to the London Ambulance Service trainer.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Good deal man
    Yeah this has been on my to do list now just need to scratch the cash together for the course. Really badly need to get a proper fak put together for myself especially the fact how often I'm using knives these days.
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

Wanderer
    Everyone should learn first aid and basic life support from an early age.I believe that it should be a compulsory subject taught in schools.Good first aid can often mean the difference between a casualty living and dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushdoctor View Post
    I believe that it should be a compulsory subject taught in schools.
    I couldn't agree more.