Thread: Belt Kits

Belt Kits

I can see from browsing the forum that there are plenty of Ex Forces people on here so I have no doubt there are going to be plenty of opinions on this subject. I have tried searching for this topic but not found anything so apologies if I am duplicating with this.

So I am looking at resurrecting my belt kit as part of my Bushcraft / Outdoorsman gear. I want to make it so that it holds all my essential items like any good BeltKit should giving me the option to use it as a stand alone kit if I want to or if needed for any reason. Obviously I know the basics of Shelter, Water, Fire and Food but I am looking for everyone's extras, what do you all pack into your essentials?

I would also love to see anyone else's BeltKit or Grab Bags to get new ideas and look outside what I already know.

Have a look at Sueanns belt kit,she,s got a good one and light,I dont have one.to the forum bud,dont get eaten by the bears.......Tony.

Thank you Tony, I will have a look later when I make it home as the app won't let me find people unless they are online (how helpful). Light weight is always what I like to hear though.

Tony,

Thanks for the heads up, I have just watched her summer BeltKit video and that is very much what I had in mind, although mine will be some what more military surplus but we all use what we can find to do the job.

Samuel Hearne
    I still have a belt kit and still thinking about making a belt kit just for bushcraft but would go with plain green or brown not MTP or DPM, what I am thinking is 2 water bottle pouches 2 utility pouches and possibly a bum roll (poncho roll).

Ian,

I would love some OG pouches but faded DPM will have to do. At the moment I have two water bottle, two utility and an ammo. The ammo pouch is actually pretty useful as my DD Hammocks Tarp S rolls down to fit in one leaving the other for misc things.

Samuel Hearne
    Father have a look on evil bay or go to boot fares.

I know what you mean and I will keep my eye out as OG is a lot less conspicuous that DPM, as counterintuitive as that sounds. But initially it's going to be working with what I already have.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I've still got my Armalite belt order, the belt itself can be used for escape & evasion concealing items in a survival situation, SAS O.G canvas waterproof lined butt pack, 2 water bottles US issue pouches US stamped with 58 patt water bottles, the US stamp was taped over as Woodland pattern & DPM were very close in pattern, colour compatible, 4 Armalite pouches, & room for a large knife between. I've carried alternatively both a SLR & AR-15 bayonet, Khukuri, & Parang on my belt for heavy duty cutting. The NBC roll I had developed way back by SASS UK Ltd when PLCE webbing was introduced I still have the original prototype in O.G complete with belt. This can be worn upper of the belt order or bandolier style. Holds my basha, bivvi bag etc.. although I can still stack my belt order to carry allsorts & free up the NBC roll for other kit. It's instilled through years of experience. Belt order includes rations, mug, & cooking kit. BTW reading OG is a lot less conspicuous that DPM hmm... if your in the woods wearing any belt order military kit regardless of it's colour it is going to draw attention.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    I still have a belt kit and still thinking about making a belt kit just for bushcraft but would go with plain green or brown not MTP or DPM, what I am thinking is 2 water bottle pouches 2 utility pouches and possibly a bum roll (poncho roll).
    Last edited by David_JAFO; 21-05-2015 at 11:58 AM.