Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCB crusader mk2 and mk1 mug

I am going to say no but it can sort of be placed on I'll show you with a picture

Correction it can but the stove is wider so the flames won't be being used at their full advantage and the arms of the mug get in the way a little

Samuel Hearne
    Thank you for replying so quickly Tom, that has answered my question and I can see from the photo that I would not be able to store it all on the bottom of the mug in the pouch.

It's okay I'm glad to help , what I have done is got a smaller bottle and swapped the mk2 plastic mug for the mk1 mug like this
    I know it looks a bit silly but it just abouts fits in the mk2 pouch

Samuel Hearne
    Cheers Tom I think I will have to stick with the old faithfull, hopefully they will make a mk3 cooker that will fit the mk1 mug so it will all still fit in the pouch.

So do I haha I love the feel of the mk1 mug over the mk2 but there both still great I had mine on a open fire just on the coals and flames and worked perfectly

Samuel Hearne
    I have had my mk1 mug for many years and wont replace it with a new one, I also have a spare mk1 mug (just in case) I made a lid for my mug out of a ally mess tin and then bought the ss version which is heavy I have now acquired some thin ss sheet and will at some time make another lid, I did not like the mk1 cooker so that is somewhere in one of many boxes in my garage.

I have two got em both for a quid at a carboot haha bargain , I will be making a lid soon

Samuel Hearne
    That was a bargain, I think it was Bernie on here who posted how to make a lid for the BCB mug on here and its very interesting wish I had seen it before I made my lid.