Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pan fried Squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by J_P View Post
    I never take a life in vein bud. Plus i like meat lol, squirrel is one of the nicest. Squirrel, hare, and muntjac are my faves....
    same morals here mate! my fav has to be pigeon. i just gopt back from a roost shoot with my s400 today, was a lovely way to sepnd an evening and got a brace of woodies in the bag.
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

woody breast wrapped in maple syrup cured bacon pan fried in butter salt n pepper is a show stopper buddy..
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

is that outta scrivvys recipe book lol
    RAY MEARS ATE MY POTPLANT

No its not curried lol
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

wouldnt mind a review on the rifle and its mod,s
    RAY MEARS ATE MY POTPLANT

Quote Originally Posted by swkieran View Post
    nice pics jp wat does our old friend there taste like,
    bit like red squirell!lol
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

The only trouble with squirrels is.......you can't put a round peg in one! (ba-doom-tsshhh!)
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Hello mate.. I thought that was some sort of squirrel vision you had on the gun there lol..
    lol! - Didn't know what you meant until I went back and looked! Squirrel-scope mod, nice.

Thanks for sharing JP & Welcome to the forum. Love the sound of what you recommended with the Pigeon breast, I'll give that a go sometime. We bagged a woody on the weekend and had it simply on a skewer in the campfire, bloomin hansome it was Can't wait to get my shotgun licence soon so I can bring some more home for the pot.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    My fave way of serving squirrel is to either pan fry of flash roast it and serve it like crispy duck - with chinese pancakes and hoisin, Also works well as peking duck.
    There are a few restaurants up this way that have it on the menu - Whole thing Braised an served on a bed of wild mushrooms. Yum!!!
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

ash i dont know if you know this m8 but you dont need a shotgun licence ,only if you want to hold one on youre premises youll need one,but you can use a shotgun on the licence holders land and with his or her permission,because ive done phesant shooting in the past,just thought id mention it buddy to save you all the hassles getting youre licence,not many people are aware of the above
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars