Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How we see you :-)

Personally I prefer the adage little and often !
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    LOLOL
    I have heard about that, especially the somewhat pompous "full English breakfast".
    Health permitting I go to mainland Spain and Grand Canaria several times a year and whilst I may enjoy Churros and Hot Chocolate as much as a typical Spaniard there is no comparison in terms of food satisfaction between that and a 'full English' breakfast.

Contrary to the falsehood held by many non Brits, the fresh produce and meat plus dining experience in the UK is now first rate.

Gone are the days when we were judged by the quality of fish and chips or a cheap curry.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

In the North of England...Lunch is Dinner, Dinner is Tea....and a breakfast of such calorific value is required to sustain life in the Northern Hemisphere where we don't get warm sunshine on tap....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreward View Post
    In the North of England...Lunch is Dinner, Dinner is Tea....and a breakfast of such calorific value is required to sustain life in the Northern Hemisphere where we don't get warm sunshine on tap....
    In Norway if someone invites you for tea...that is exactly what you will get....a cup of tea. :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    You greedy boy Jon Dine like a pauper is dinner. The Idea being big brekky and medium lunch that you can burn of when you are workin and just a snack when you have finished working. You greeeedy boy, lol
    Me???? I'm not a glutton, I just like to snack pretty much all the time, except for breakfast and sometimes lunch as well...full and heavy
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    I am clearly a right traitor! No only am I a northerner I am mostly veggie (okay add beer and i lose my morals & mcdonalds or a bacon sarnie become irresistible) and I never eat breakfast!
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Dreward View Post
    You are quite right of course, I am also a northern lad (interloper now) and I still say b/fast dinner and tea
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.