Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Cordura

Cleaning Cordura

I was just looking at my bag.
    And it's a right dirty thing.
    I was thinking about cleaning it. And then I wondered how I would do that.
    Two ideas - either hand wash or machine wash.
    Hand wash, though, I am not so sure how effective that would be - I don't want to give it too hardy a scrub since that would abrade the material and, to be honest, I'm not sure how well it'll get into all the nooks and crannies.
    So machine wash? Anyone done that?
    Or maybe just a good soak in hot soapy water?

Have any of you tried to give your bags a clean before and how did you do it and how successful was it?
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Just a thought???
    Can you still get 1.000 n 1,it was a carpet/cloth cleaning solution that you cleaned with the bubbles then wiped them n the dirt off.item never got WET,only damp.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    midas yes there's quite a few of these products 1001. Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain remover has a fitting alike to a vacuum cleaner extension on top that does the trick as I've used this to great effect too. BTW I'd spot try clean first before use just incase it discolours your item.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Just a thought??? Can you still get 1.000 n 1,it was a carpet/cloth cleaning solution that you cleaned with the bubbles then wiped them n the dirt off.item never got WET,only damp.

Car Upholstery cleaner in aerosol format might be worth a go, but I scrub my textile motorcycle gear with hand washing powder the reproof with Nikwax tech wash or fabsil tent proofer, works ok for me

Cheers Jeff
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    Cordura website suggests spray cleaners or detergent and water, also no bleach or chlorine. Looked at a few more forums and sites general convention was soak in warm water for 30 mins or so with small amount of detergent then scrub at any remaining stains with a dishcloth. Allow to dry slowly and naturally.

You could ask a Zola Fel Priest to summon an undine for you - that should do the trick
    Last edited by Silkhi; 28-04-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

Samuel Hearne
    I have cleaned my Bergan by placing it in a warm bath of non bio for a good soak then used a scrubbing brush to get any stubbon marks off.

I'd suggest Nikwax Techwash if you've waterproofed it.

One with Nature
    hello,
    That's how I was taught & used to clean my kit Cyclops Olive Green ROC Bergen 72L scrubbing brush & soap flakes.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    I have cleaned my Bergan by placing it in a warm bath of non bio for a good soak then used a scrubbing brush to get any stubbon marks off.

Samuel Hearne
    Hi David
    all I can say is old school it worked then and still does, I hated cleaning 58 pattern webbing as it took for ever to dry and always shrank, was glad when we were issued 90 pattern webbing.

One with Nature
    hello,
    Tell me about it
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    Hi David all I can say is old school it worked then and still does, I hated cleaning 58 pattern webbing as it took for ever to dry and always shrank, was glad when we were issued 90 pattern webbing.