Thread: Spring in the wood.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar

Spring in the wood.

The wood is full of birdsong and new life now, the woodland floor is blue and white with Bluebells and Wood Anenomes.

This is quite unusual, not the Wood Sorrel itself, but to find it growing so high off the ground in the fork of a tree.

There are wild Daffodils growing here too.

I've spent a lot of time in the wood and if I'm careful I can get close to the Deer without causing panic stations..

Just above the arched branch, centre of photo, low down to the left of the tree trunk...........an ear!! The moral is, don't twitch yer ears in the wood if you don't want to get spotted....

Too late..click..click..

So, farewell to the wood for a short while..Now what's all this about some sort of election?

Last edited by saxonaxe; 24-04-2015 at 11:44 PM.

beautiful, thank you for sharing. The bluebells are just starting to show in my patch. another week and it'll be stunning.

Samuel Hearne
    Good photos and write up as always thank you for posting.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Excellent, thanks for sharing

Brill pics John as is the norm from you, must make the time to come down and see you this summer atvb. Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Y'all have such tidy woods! Color me envious. Spots in ours where I can fall down and never achieve more than a 45 degree lean. Tough walking quietly through thick brush. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by DuxDawg View Post
    Y'all have such tidy woods! Color me envious. Spots in ours where I can fall down and never achieve more than a 45 degree lean. Tough walking quietly through thick brush. :-(
    . Oh we have woods like that here as well
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.