Thread: This is ultimately what I would like to do

This is ultimately what I would like to do

This is the ultimate canoe for me, this guy is so....so.... just awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFCxxAKafc Its an hours watch but it wont seem like it...enjoy
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Fantastic, a show of real skill.

Birch bark of the thickness needed (I am led to believe) is this day and age very rare,however there is a guy who makes them in this country he uses birch ply as an alternative. Food for thought?

I did manage to blagg a go in one a few years ago the NEC......little did I know this boat design had never seen water until I got into it! Paddled nicely tho'

Cheers
    Tim
    "Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute;
    pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois;
    paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."

he uses birch ply as an alternative
    I have seen some guys use spruce bark Tim, and it worked well. Ill try and dig it up when it goes dark atb, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Hell I could'nt wait that long.....here ya go... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYB0vJXi1JQ enjoy, Ken