Thread: Tarp Bishop Bag

Tarp Bishop Bag

Looking at making a Bishop bag to hold my tarp and ridge line. The tarp is a 3 x 3 TW Cornelius and I want it to have ends that can be pulled together with cords and line locks.

Anybody got an idea of the size of fabric needed to make one that will keep the tarp and line snug, avoiding excess fabric been left over. It will obviously be a rectangle shape piece of fabric and a little extra for a hem each side but I'm stumped on the size.

Anybody have an idea.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil, why not roll up the tarp and lines as you want it to lay (short & fat or long & thin) then measure round it with a piece of string or a cloth tape measure, add a bit for the hems/seams etc?
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

I'm thinking along the lines of a bag the size that a DD 3x3 comes in. I can measure it later after work

Cheers Jus.

Wouldn't it have to be bigger though. Just thinking that the tarp and lines will be stuffed in compared to a folded tarp which takes up less room. I have some old issue stuff sacks here so I might stuff it in, take rough measurements and go from there.

That's the new plan anyway !!. Might completely mess it up but I have a couple of old combat ridge tent flysheets to use as well.

If you're feeling fancy, add two compression straps to it like the DD hammocks stuff sack? I would look at making it bigger than the dd tarp sack. If you have a spare issued side pocket stuff sack then there's your start point; tad too big but do-able. As it's for a tarp, what's your thoughts on stopping water seeping through and transferring or is it mainly for use straight from a vehicle?