Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which software do you use to edit camera videos

Which software do you use to edit camera videos

Just wondering how I going to join up a lot of videos I have take and what software to get.
    anybody do much of this?

Any tips appreciated.

Windows Movie Maker is free and simple.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Quote Originally Posted by ADz View Post
    Windows Movie Maker is free and simple.
    spot on
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Thanks ADz

Will give it a try.

I use Imovie on Mac, and now FinalCutPro.

Two really good software, very complete and efficient. But need a little practice.
    They also have sony vegas but i didn't like how it works.

The Gopro app is fine too, but specific to sport camera and a little bit too much simple to my use.
    English isn't my mother tongue so pliz correct me if i'm wrong, thx !

I'm experienced with Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer & Final Cut Pro on a professional level. I've used many others non professionally. Currently I use FCPX as my NLE (Non Linear Editor) of choice.

A good edit can be done on pretty much any NLE. But if you want something fully professionally featured, either now or at a later date, that is free but will require a bit of a learning curve I can recommend Black Magic Davinci Resolve Lite https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/...davinciresolve Another option being Lightworks https://www.lwks.com/index.php?optio...oad&Itemid=206

Both used to be massively expensive pieces of software that are still used in the Hollywood film industry, but now free versions are available and there are a good number of free video tutorials online for both.

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    I am no expert but I think all of the software/apps out there with reasonable feedback will be up to the job - my lil niece did some really professional looking vids with a free iPhone app. Try a few see which you are comfortable with, I use iMovie sure the Windows software is just fine.
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

Thanks for the feedback got some good tips, now need to give it a go,

Movie Maker is fine for basic stuff, Sony Vegas won't break the bank and has a lot more features.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Like Jacob I have never been a fan of Sony Vegas and it has never been taken seriously in the professional world. But it does have a massive fan base among a good number of serious amateurs. Part of the reason is it's starting price, which then takes you in, and I've seen some great edits done on it.

It is a good idea to try lots of different free, or free trial, NLE's and find what you like to work with. It is an even better idea to search for online tutorials for any you find first, many of which are free, before even trying one. That way you can take a look at how it works and see what you think before waisting time. Also, you will find out if there is an abundance, or next to nothing, available in the way of learning material for future advancements on what you are using.
    Last edited by Magicdave; 02-04-2015 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo/grammer