Thread: square kilometre without forrest tracks?

square kilometre without forrest tracks?

ALOHA EVERYBODY!
    is it in your region also so hard to find a square kilometre without any forrest tracks?
    for me it is very hard to find a real lonsome place in the forrest and i always meet other persons (mostly dogwalkers). and do you also know the feelin if people look at you and it seems like that they observe you like a criminal or something freaky special?

Nope.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

i guess you wont have those problems in the most parts of norway. hope you are beein lucky about it ;-)

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I know off a few places that very rarely see dog walkers or have forestry trails nearby. This area *as per image has a Scots historical value. Left of image was used to basha up many a time, there's a small cave nearby, great caution taken when cooking food etc.. as your in a forest . Touch wood for luck *pardon the pun only drawback is the midges, I can live with that. The burn has both Trout *Brown/Rainbow occasionally the odd Salmon as it's a tributary off the River Almond, here no licence required & hobo/yoyo lines can be used or further along the trail you can actually cast using a fly rod. I've seen quite a lot of Deer in the forest as well as other wildlife. The forestry trail further along is monitored, there's no dog walkers or mountain bikes allowed only on the opposite side of the road about a quarter of a mile. Love Nature Take Only Photos, Leave Only Footprints
    Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	13055

Actually I do have a bit to travel before I hit into areas where it's not likely that there will be other people.
    But something amazing happens to Norwegians when to leave the asphalt and get dirt under their feet.
    Suddenly they will do things like smile and even say hello to strangers. You walk up to a camp fire. the one who got there first and allready have his kettle going, may offer you a cuppa, or a hot dog.
    And people are polite and helpfull. except one breed....the excercise fanatics wearing spandex suits. Stay far away from them....

So meeting other people is not sucj a big problem, and in most places they are not so many, except during easter. Then we all suddenly go crazy, and cue up the mountain sides...
    It's all crazy.

But the rest of theyear...perhaps you'll meet a jogger or someonbe walking the dog, but as I said, they will be out doing the excact same thing as you.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

basicly also the people here say hello to strangers in the woods. but it is on regression, so not everyone does...

Samuel Hearne
    When I was based in Paderborn I used to do a fair bit of walking around Essen but as you say there are tracks within a K I did do some camping in the forests (woods) there and was able to stay hidden from dog walkers and the horse riders.

cant believe to read someone of this forum was goin around in that area that is very funny.
    of course i hide as well and at my spot no one watches me (except deer and sometimes the dogs of the dog walkers if they leave their owner far; has someone got good strategies against being found by dogs?).

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    I know off a few places that very rarely see dog walkers or have forestry trails nearby. This area *as per image has a Scots historical value. Left of image was used to basha up many a time, there's a small cave nearby, great caution taken when cooking food etc.. as your in a forest . Touch wood for luck *pardon the pun only drawback is the midges, I can live with that. The burn has both Trout *Brown/Rainbow occasionally the odd Salmon as it's a tributary off the River Almond, here no licence required & hobo/yoyo lines can be used or further along the trail you can actually cast using a fly rod. I've seen quite a lot of Deer in the forest as well as other wildlife. The forestry trail further along is monitored, there's no dog walkers or mountain bikes allowed only on the opposite side of the road about a quarter of a mile. Love Nature Take Only Photos, Leave Only Footprints
    Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	13055
    David that looks like heaven to me!