Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: camouflage clothing

camouflage clothing

Right, there is really only one way to put this, I'm a bit, er fat! Lol but also big built, I've a 42 waist, a 52 chest and a 19.5 neck! And I'm finding it hard to find camouflage clothing big enough. I've tried army surplus etc but for some reasone they don't let fat baxxxxds in the army! Lol, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some over sized, but not over priced gear, I'd appreciate it
    Cheers
    Tim
    A dog is not just for Christmas... There should be plenty left for boxing day!

My Browning realtree padded suit,is 3xl,n is plenty roomy for my 40waist.think it would fit 50"built in braces n comes up to my chestline which is 48"plenty of room .jacket a loose fit over thermals,hoody ,trousers,!!
    I think they go upto 5xl.especially if you look at the american market.They tend to have "LARGE people".
    I wanted a 2xl,but as they were in Sportsmans sale n no stock of 2xl.i settled for their offer of 3xl.glad plenty of room.bout 3 years ago Think it was bargain of the year at around £30.but then it was bankrupt stock.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Thanks mike I,lol have a look for them, do you know a web site for them?

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    tds123 never had a problem buying XXL or XXXL pending what I'm looking for. Maybe try http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ If you e-mail them they will get back to you with any kit enquiries. Good luck
    Regards
    David

You star, thanks mate!

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Have you tried ebay, i managed to find big stuff on there

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    especially if you look at the american market.They tend to have "LARGE people".
    Well I WAS going to get offended, but I just went up a size in my work trousers and went from L to XL in my favorite v-neck t-shirts. I was also up 3-4 pounds at my last doctor visit from the previous one...

So, yeah, the American market would definitely tend to have camo that caters to the corpulent.

Good luck!

Josh
    (the fat american)
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~

Quote Originally Posted by tds123 View Post
    Right, there is really only one way to put this, I'm a bit, er fat! Lol but also big built, I've a 42 waist, a 52 chest and a 19.5 neck! And I'm finding it hard to find camouflage clothing big enough. I've tried army surplus etc but for some reasone they don't let fat baxxxxds in the army! Lol, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some over sized, but not over priced gear, I'd appreciate it
    Cheers
    Tim
    You could try www.jackpyke.co.uk or www.bushwear.co.uk. this firm lists 52"chest as 5xl..trousers 42" as 3xl.their jackets go to 6xl as54"chest.6xl in trousers 50"waist.
    Company I bought mine from was taken over as went bust,hense the bargain.
    Hope these two help.

Oops! Its so easy to forget that the first w in www. Stands for world!!! Lol, oh and thanks for all the suggestions everyone, if you don't see me around for a while, you'll know I've got it sorted...... Sorry! It was bad I know!

Strange I only wear the padded cammo suit because its warm.not because its a "RealTree"can't see me suit.
    I have a thin padded brown suit,i wear in the woods with a bright scarlet jacket over the top of it.
    as long as i sit still whilst awaiting the Wild Boar.I'm often nearly knocked of my stool by Fallow Deer,Roe Deer,and on one occasion a Bear.Foxs n kunas too,wander bye without seeing you.
    also have Tweeds for more formal shooting.
    Last edited by midas; 09-02-2015 at 07:18 PM.