Thread: led or laser lamp?

led or laser lamp?

I'm in need of some help making a decision, I want a lamp to fit to my riffle for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure what type to go for. From what I can tell there are two suitable options for me, either a laser like the nd3 or a led type scope mounted. So before spending my money I was wondering if anyone had any actual experience with these types of lamps and which is best suited for rabbits and rats with my air riffle so I don't have to just trust the manufacturer info.
    Many thanks
    Tim
    A dog is not just for Christmas... There should be plenty left for boxing day!

Ive gor a LED 200lumens ,150/250metres.red light on my Carreer 707 carbine.with thumb switch.toyed with green.,
    but beam very brighrt n feared might spook rabbits.
    On my .410 stealth i use a mag light,white defused beam centered at 30yards.
    Led light n mount complete with battery.£40+on ebay.Plenty of sellers.
    Lazers ive used them on my remington 870.when shooting wild boar in dark forests,.but aint too impressed.but they are light n small.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Thanks mike, I have a hand held big lamp with red filter for spotting, but just need something effective out to 40/50 metres mounted on the scope for the actual shot as I won't take on anything further with the r10
    A dog is not just for Christmas... There should be plenty left for boxing day!