Thread: another one bites the dust...

another one bites the dust...

After a busy morning packing hunter catapults ready to post to customers world wide i hoped onto my push bike and started off on the 8 mile round trip to the post office,en-route i spotted the covey on some ploughed land that was once an old airbase during the war,i propped the bike against a post and got the catapult put,the covey was at 20 yards and i was sure they would take to flight as they do once in decent range,gingerly i loaded the pouch,pulled back the bands and loosed,thwack ,flap,shudder! and that was it one french partridge bagged! the rest of the covey flew off low and settled some 70 yards off in the middle of the field.
    I continued my trip posting my parcels and then cycled back,wind in my face all the way and boy was it cold too,i recon the fire will get lit early tonight!

thanks for looking.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Hey fish, thats one fine looking bird! I have been looking at your catty's and i am very interested in buying one, although i am unsure about whether i would be able to hit a barn door let alone a bird or rabbit with one, any info would be appreciated, cheers.

Robb

hey rob make the most of the offer to forum members,pm me if intrested.
    Dont worry about the accuracy ,that will come with practice,and that is the key,plenty of practice,keep to the same set up and use the same shot too,i recon most folk witth a catty could hunt reasonably well with in 500 shots ,ive met chaps that could hit a bean tin at 15 yards within just a few shots. if you want more info on hunting with a catty theres a good section on www.jacksshed.co.uk you will have to join to see the hunting section ,i had to make it that way due to the tree huggers!lol
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

deja vu!~ great rig and great post! you have to share the recipe
    Bang on!

Yesterday 05:39 PM....,i had to make it that way due to the tree huggers!lol

Bet them 'ol Treehuggers are checking their Game season calender dates too.......

yep whils abusing themselves over rolf harris' rspca propaganda!

recipe:

1 prepared partridge
    1 onion finely dixed
    1tsp brown sugar
    1tbl spoon of ragla tomato pesto
    3 rashers of smoked streaky bacon

first sweat the onion in a pan when done stir in the sugar,fill the cavity of the partridge with the onion.next rub the pesto in all over the bird ,then wrap the bacon over the bird,now put in a medium oven for 40 minutes or until the juices run clear,serve with red lentils and curly kale,a jug of cider would wash it down well.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    yep whils abusing themselves over rolf harris' rspca propaganda!
    Ah! revealing.."The True Spirit of Bushcraft"........

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    recipe:

1 prepared partridge
    1 onion finely dixed
    1tsp brown sugar
    1tbl spoon of ragla tomato pesto
    3 rashers of smoked streaky bacon

first sweat the onion in a pan when done stir in the sugar,fill the cavity of the partridge with the onion.next rub the pesto in all over the bird ,then wrap the bacon over the bird,now put in a medium oven for 40 minutes or until the juices run clear,serve with red lentils and curly kale,a jug of cider would wash it down well.
    well here in australia every winged animal just got 6 inches closer to my belly! that sounds like a tried and tested recipe. Have to add a few toppies to my feed list and let you know how it goes! Have you any methods for taking the oily texture out of rats for the table? Only done it once and it was a bit much for me!
    Bang on!