Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 BC Experiment

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Unbelievable rubbish. Fancy throwing them in at the deep end without even the basic knowledge.
    Can't wait to see who bails next

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    With the impending Ice Age I would have hoped they give each contestant the opportunity to continue or not? Maybe give those from the original auditions who were unfortunate not to make the series, invite a few to make up the numbers, introduce fresh meat. I'll agree with You midas "I no doubt will watch each episode! but will not be sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation!!" .
    Regards
    David
    It might have been an idea to introduce "two tribes" in two separate camps from the start, and not let the other know that they`re there. Place them a couple of km`s apart. It could`ve made an interesting comparison, a bit of competition ? Or maybe the "can do`s" would`ve ended up migrating to one camp, and the "can`t do`s" falling by the wayside.
    As it stands then the "experiment" has been compromised because outside help was needed.
    As Valantine mentioned, there was apparently too little knowledge over too short a time period to enable the participants a reasonable chance of success. That combined with some frankly lazy behaviour on the part of some involved who shouldn`t have even got through the screening process.

Samuel Hearne
    I also watched last nights episode and found it annoying, David_JAFO has pointed out some very valid points and I agree how did half of them get through the selection process? on something like that they should all pull together find out what strengths and weaknesses everyone has then make a plan so that everyone has tasks that they can do, hunting, fishing, shelter building, sewing, cooking ect, give them tasks that they are good at.
    There is no I in team.

Did anyone other than myself notice a couple of the women were wearing makeup on day 8+

Quote Originally Posted by Valantine View Post
    Did anyone other than myself notice a couple of the women were wearing makeup on day 8+
    I`m afraid I missed that element Valantine. If they were then the whole thing is a bigger farce than I thought possible.
    One thing that wasn`t mentioned was women`s periods, they`re there for two months so some would have had to deal with this. In contrast the 1978 programme "Living in the Past" was going to have a separate hut for women during their menstrual period but decided against it, and allowed them to use modern sanitary towels for the duration.
    Whilst the 1978 programme wasn`t perfect, it was years ahead of the current offering and yet nearly 40 years in the past.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Still watching BTW. Yes Jodie & Josie O'Rourke mom wearing black eye liner mascara or pot ash/charcoal from the fire?
    Regards
    David
    http://www.channel5.com/shows/10000-bc

Quote Originally Posted by Valantine View Post

Looked like more clay pots and a roof tile have apeared in the latest prog.What a load of tosh 5 remaining.Where were we at selection,could we have made it,only 30 days I think, there are a lot on here that have talked about doing the same sort of thing.

Farce or failure, I reckon both

Quote Originally Posted by delboy View Post
    I`m afraid I missed that element Valantine. If they were then the whole thing is a bigger farce than I thought possible.
    One thing that wasn`t mentioned was women`s periods, they`re there for two months so some would have had to deal with this. In contrast the 1978 programme "Living in the Past" was going to have a separate hut for women during their menstrual period but decided against it, and allowed them to use modern sanitary towels for the duration.
    Whilst the 1978 programme wasn`t perfect, it was years ahead of the current offering and yet nearly 40 years in the past.
    The issue was discussed in the first programme I believe

Was it just me, or did that chap Steve, who was the self appointed leader, come across as extremely arrogant when he left ?
    Despite my reservations about the programme, it would seem that with the further 7 days training, the remaining participants do seem to be able to perform some tasks now instead of lazing around. The lorry driver chap seems to be the most adaptable to the situation, bit unfortunate that he became ill.