Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coediwr's travels

Coediwr's travels

Hi guys I recently joined and I have decided to leave the rodent race to live a bushcrafting/travelling life. I said I would keep a diary of my travels so here goes
    Day 1:
    Its 6am and freezing, backpack and panniers all packed and its time to head off on my adventures.
    Decided to pay my old friend and mentor a visit so cycled 56 miles to Pembroke where he now lives in an eco village, for a chat and any last minute advice as he has lived off the land for 30 + years. After a good catch up some hot stew, and Coffee boiling on the wood stove decided ill stay for the weekend. Off hunting and foraging first thing so just stoked the fire and getting my head down for the night.

Bring on the pics
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Samuel Hearne
    Have a good time and look forward to your next write up.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Great, will be interesting. Are you using Internet cafes?

Nope using mobile internet, and when tapatalk sends me my confirmation I will be able to upload pics. Getting to me now been waiting a week lol

Taptalk on mobile internet, understood. Thanks.

Best of luck my friend, look forward to reading your updates. Careful with the berries!
    When life gets you down...Hammock!
    It's amazing how far away the world can feel when you're suspended just two foot off the ground!

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Hope everything goes well for you

A couple of pics so far

If there's a big building project not too far away Coediwr you may be able to skip dive for some insulation board off-cuts for that van. I've used heavy duty clear polythene sheeting to double glaze the windows of my boat, it makes a difference and cuts down condensation. Also, if you don't mind me suggesting, heavy cardboard packing cases cut up and flattened out and laid on the van floor under carpet really helps keep the cold out. I've been down a similar road to you mate, if you can insulate your living space it makes life easier...