Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DD 3x3m tarp FAQ?

I have used the DD 3x3 for a few years now both hammocking and as additional shelter over the fire when family camping and absolutely love it. I also have a Tenth Wonder Sargasso which only ever comes out on odd occasions in the summer. I have now bought the DD superlight tarp to reduce the bulk a bit but would never consider an alternative make again.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    I have used the DD 3x3 for a few years now both hammocking and as additional shelter over the fire when family camping and absolutely love it. I also have a Tenth Wonder Sargasso which only ever comes out on odd occasions in the summer. I have now bought the DD superlight tarp to reduce the bulk a bit but would never consider an alternative make again.
    Almost forgot to ask you, Jus, is the Superlight tarp made out of sil-nylon?
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Almost forgot to ask you, Jus, is the Superlight tarp made out of sil-nylon?
    No, it is still a coated fabric with a much lighter material used which surprised me to be honest. The TW tarp I have is silnylon and time will tell how durable both are.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    No, it is still a coated fabric with a much lighter material used which surprised me to be honest. The TW tarp I have is silnylon and time will tell how durable both are.
    Interesting, good to know .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

plus one for the dd tarp. I used mine for the first time this week. It kept me dry as a storm rolled in off the sea with hail and high winds. when I first unpacked it it seemed very thin and flimsy compared to my British surplus basha. but I'm really happy with it so far.