Thread: Help deciding which of these two packs to get?

Trapper

Help deciding which of these two packs to get?

Im torn between these two rucksacks, can anyone help me out on this one?

There's there Gelert Explorer 65l

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00

Or the Pro Force 66l

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Force-Wa...5NZKZFT46X1ZXM

Suggestions? Both seem pretty good.

both seem pretty simmilar to me...

so i would suggest going on the colour... do you want black thats less "stealthy"
    or the green thats more "military"

i would also base the pack on the ability to hold my gear...

i purchased mine after seeing places for all my gear to sit with a few extra spots for future gear to sit...

my pack is only 40l but holds everything well with some extra space for bits i want to add

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Any chance you can track them down in local suppliers so that you perhaps put them on? Packs can be quite individual really as regards fit, ease of use etc: I've never got on with those 'split' two compartment types, I like one big compartment and side pockets, but others like the split pack style. As far as Pro Force kit is concerned, I've had a Pro Force 30 litre day sack that has served as a Range bag, vehicle bag, cushion to sit on and just about everything else for years, so can't fault the quality ( at least not ones made back awhile)..

yeah i prefer one big compartment with pockets and plenty of straps and stuff to add to it as i see fit...

Trapper
    Both are actually the split compartment type, but yeah the proforce seems to have more side pockets. Was hoping someone had had some experience with either. I might just go with the proforce.

I believe Ashley uses a smaller Pro Force or very similar and has done for some time. I have experience of neither but given the choice I would go the same due to the side pockets being usable and accessible

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Best to find them locally if possible to test for fit and comfort.

Hobo
    I would go for a DD bergan. 2 removeable side pockets ans a removeable belt pack. 45Lt in all and around £40 at Greenman Bushcraft.