Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ime back

Ime back

Been away for a while, Brought the boat back from Newhaven, 21 days at sea ! and then was detained @ HM Service, swmbo had a month to work out what I had to do when I got my land legs back,and what a list. Then the laptop crashed, blah blah blah. So for anyone Ive missed on intro's to the forum and everyone else ey up, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Well Hello Sailor... Wondered where you had got to, welcome back.

welcome back... though im new... so welcome

Good to hear from you again Ken

'Call me Ishmael!'

Having press-ganged me (I woke up one morning aboard a twin hulled sloop), this man, Cap'n Ahab (aka Rasputin), had me swabbing decks, reefing, weighing anchor, swinging from the yards, splicing the mainbrace and keel hauled.

After leaving our home port and being lost at sea (our charts turned out to be from a previous century) for what seemed like weeks we finally rounded the Cape-of-No-Hope only to find we were in the Sea of Confusion. On making landfall we sought safe haven in an estuary where the local natives watched our movements in wonderment and astonishment as they had never seen a vessel quite like ours. On this occasion a friendly native did help us with vital supplies. We headed west into the unknown to a point where the dragon lives, this dragon is sometimes referred to as Lizard. Then further west beyond the land, the land had ended, so we changed course and headed nor'east. Very soon he beached us in lands with hostile natives and a visiting tribe called 'Emmetts' to make repairs. It was a miracle none of us ended up as an ingredient in the native food delicacy, which I believe the natives call 'A pasty'. By now some of the crew were getting close to mutiny. After repairs, ever onward - he drove our vessel through narrow, fog-bound straits with the rocks of the famous Clashing Titans to left and right and through a mailstrom whirlpool. Long before, and sadly we had lost Moby!

Only God's grace had delivered us but finally we made landfall in a foreign land where the natives speak a strange language but thank God were friendly and took us in. From there we managed to make our way home.

If this man (a seafaring man with one nose) asks you if you know port from starboard say 'NO'! If you say 'Yes' you'll wake up one morning below decks! But if you should find yourself aboard a vessel under his command be happy - the food is good!
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 10-01-2015 at 11:13 PM.
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-23 12.59.01.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	12799beached @PadstowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-23 19.38.38.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	12800Padstow harbour
    Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    Well Hello Sailor... Wondered where you had got to, welcome back.
    Hi John, you were of on one of ya yomps and of course you didnt have your phone switch on (no change there then lol ) when we left Newhaven so didnt get a chance to see you and thank you for your help. Had a couple of probs en route, lost the dinghy at night in the Solent so after that we had to find pontoons etc to get on land although we did buy a cheap vinyl dinghy for emergency use (didnt fancy inflating the liferaft at a £100 a repack lol ) Got fogged in at Falmouth for a day, still foggy when we left but soon cleared. Then coming out of Padstow on engines with the wind on the nose both diesel tanks blocked with diesel virus about 10 miles out so we went back to Padstow on sails (wind now in our favour) Had to beach her as tide was out and lock gate closed for 4 hours.Jury rigged a drum for diesel so we could get back in Padstow harbour where we spent 3 days cutting the tanks out and cleaning them and then re glassing them back, fortunately I had thought of bringing some matting and resin just in case. Pretty much plain sailing after that although we had a pea souper on the aproach to Fishguard. In 21 days sailing in september we had glorious weather and 15 miniutes of rain on 1 day. Anyway she's now on land at Borth and when the weather gets better i'll start the re paint/fit and get her looking like new again. Thanks for all your help John, ATVB Ken
    Last edited by Rasputin; 10-01-2015 at 11:36 PM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Paul ! this truly is an almost truthfull yarn my friend, people will sing folk songs and shanties for years to come of the exploits of the good ship Twin melody and the bravery of the scurvy dogs know as crew. Thanks for your help and time Paul much appreciated . Course in Aberdovey they tell a different tale of 1 crew member who refused to leave the ship to attend the local tavern for ale or cusine, but we wont go there ey,lol
    Last edited by Rasputin; 11-01-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Good to hear from you again Ken
    Thanks Jus

Quote Originally Posted by TheDaddy187 View Post
    welcome back... though im new... so welcome
    I thank you Luke

Welcome back
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"