Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fishing Shelter?

Quote Originally Posted by Aij29 View Post
    Hi

I was thinking more like a beach tent kind of thing i think they are known as day shelters (loads lighter but quite flimsy)

Adrian
    As far as I know most light weight beach shelters are not rain proof ( good for UV though )
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Big fishing brollies are also quite useful for short trips in reasonable weather where you don't need a full tent.
    I used used to use a "Birdiepal" umbrella http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co....umbrella-p3299 as a shelter. It's not big at all at 1m diameter. I had the art of setting up my sleeping/bivvy bag and getting undressed while holding it down to a tee. Then climbing in and pegging it down over my head with guy lines.

In good weather it was great, it cut all the weight of carrying rain gear, but in the rain it was only any good for long distance walking where night time basically was just for sleeping.

I changed to the tarp route, but before I did I was considering one of these http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/search/sun-dial the smaller one. But I couldn't find much online about how sturdy they are, and the name implies that they may not be good in prolonged rain, if you can find anything abut them that I couldn't at the time, it may be a thought.

Of course, getting undressed under a small umbrella might get you barred from the campsites.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicdave View Post
    Of course, getting undressed under a small umbrella might get you barred from the campsites.
    Would think if you were on a camp site.you could use the showers.etc.n if out in the wild ??sure the birds n bees wouldn't care.lol.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Would think if you were on a camp site.you could use the showers.etc
    Damn, I should have thought of that.

if out in the wild ??sure the birds n bees wouldn't care.
    Now your talking, that's my use.