Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Shelter?

Fishing Shelter?

Hi

Has anyone used a fishing shelter instead of a tent for ground dwelling?

I`ve seen some half round ones with an open front so you could benefit from a camp fire,

Cheers
    Adrian

Hi Adrian.

Check out the link below. It shows different tarp configurations some of which are similar the open front tent. For those with a tarp who do not have a fishing shelter it's a practical alternative.

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/sh...gurations.html

Cheers,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Seen it done but wouldn't risk a fire near them.

I'm thinking a honey stove / small fire box type of affair. Anything bigger and you risk pin hole burns in all of your kit from any stray sparks
    Last edited by Ehecatl; 09-01-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

I quite often use a fishing bivvy or even a day shelter for overnighters. Very quick to put up, and comfy enough. A bit heavy though. Big fishing brollies are also quite useful for short trips in reasonable weather where you don't need a full tent. Still heavy though

My bivvy has a 'half groundsheet' - so the half near the door has no floor. It also has 'doors' that can be pulled a long way back, so using a stove is pretty safe.

Some of the carp fishing rigs I've seen are downright luxurious, but I wouldn't want to carry them!

Quote Originally Posted by cave dweller View Post
    I quite often use a fishing bivvy or even a day shelter for overnighters. Very quick to put up, and comfy enough. A bit heavy though. Big fishing brollies are also quite useful for short trips in reasonable weather where you don't need a full tent. Still heavy though

My bivvy has a 'half groundsheet' - so the half near the door has no floor. It also has 'doors' that can be pulled a long way back, so using a stove is pretty safe.

Some of the carp fishing rigs I've seen are downright luxurious, but I wouldn't want to carry them!
    Hi

Thanks that's sounds ideal,
    Could I ask what bivvy and day shelter you use?

Cheers
    Adrian

The groundsheet from my fishing bivvy weighs almost 5kilo.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy1971 View Post
    The groundsheet from my fishing bivvy weighs almost 5kilo.
    Hi
    Blimey thats heavy!!

I was thinking more like a beach tent kind of thing i think they are known as day shelters (loads lighter but quite flimsy)

Adrian

Yeah I have the heavy ground sheet for the Nash titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aij29 View Post
    Could I ask what bivvy and day shelter you use?

Cheers
    Adrian
    My bivvy is a 2 man TF gear from fishtec, but I don't think the one they sell now is the same as mine - it's four years old. The day shelter is (I think) a Wychwood Solace.