Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What is your stove preference and why?

she's definitely a keeper!!
    Her indoors or the stove ? lol. The SS ones are heavier but bullet proof and you dont get that Ali taste that I hate
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

For many years I only did open fires, prefer the keyhole style or two parallel logs. Then got into DIY hobo stoves, lots of faves there. Then buying stoves that also burn wood and pack flat, Stainless Steel EmberLit is my current fave of those over the FireAnt and Nano. Now it's alcohol stoves, pop can ones that jet for boiling are leading the pack. Currently experimenting with a variety of versions and methods for simmering and baking. Always something to learn and try!

Firebox if I have the time and don't mind carrying the weight. White box stove for weight saving and speed.

So I am not the only one who carries his kelly kettle and lots of cooking gear permanently in the back of my truck!

Saw this on our work social media site. It's a wood burning stove and I want one!

Name:  DVStove.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  52.7 KB
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob karhu View Post
    Anyone have heard about the ikea stove ?

A simple cutlery service drainer, transform into a stainless wood stove ! One of the cheapest solution because it's only 3$ and works so fine

I don't like gas stove, it's more expensive and heavier ... Wood could be find nearly everywhere. At least, for all trips I made.
    Wow, love that... Might have to go to IKEA soon...
    This is just one of the reasons why I love this forum...
    Brilliant