Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free rabbit hunting site in Cornwall- no shooting

Alone in the Wilderness

Free rabbit hunting site in Cornwall- no shooting

Hello everyone,

I am responsible for the operation of a large solar farm near Truro, Cornwall. It seems a lot of rabbits are finding shelter within our fence perimeter. Would anyone be interested in hunting them and keeping all of it? I believe it would really be worth their while. Well, I would like to make a rabbit stew with one of them to be honest...

The problem is that due to the nature of the site, guns of any type are not allowed. So it will have to be traps, dogs or other methods.

There are a few on here who hunt with Ferrets and nets. I've no doubt you'll get a few responses, even if they're private message rather than on this thread.

Too far away from me.sorry!!
    Could use drop boxs dug in around your perimiter fence.....Need inspecting and empting daily,as will any traps or snares..
    Best of luck!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Samuel Hearne
    Its also too far away for me as well, like midas said you could dig in some drop boxes or set some rabbit snares check them daily twice if possible.

with snares i would check every few hours... nothing deserves to suffer...

unless you make deadfall or spike traps to kill rather than trap... then its once a day to clear up and re set traps...

remember to always respect your prey...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDaddy187 View Post
    with snares i would check every few hours... nothing deserves to suffer...

unless you make deadfall or spike traps to kill rather than trap... then its once a day to clear up and re set traps...

remember to always respect your prey...
    This is not a suvival situation but an area requiring the removal of the rabbits.Spike traps n Deadfalls donot have anyplace in such a situation.and much more likely to cause the suffering you so much wish to avoid!!!!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I live nr liskeard, I have 2 jack Russell's that could help! How well fenced in is the property? For my dogs sake, when they get frenzied there is no stopping them! The other thing is I shoot PCP air riffle and can be sure of no damage with responsible shooting, it would be more effective than the dogs!.if this helps let me know, tim

Quote Originally Posted by tds123 View Post
    I live nr liskeard, I have 2 jack Russell's that could help! How well fenced in is the property? For my dogs sake, when they get frenzied there is no stopping them! The other thing is I shoot PCP air riffle and can be sure of no damage with responsible shooting, it would be more effective than the dogs!.if this helps let me know, tim
    I think I read its a solar panel farm so on shooting.

Alone in the Wilderness
    The perimeter is completely fenced. For planning reasons, rabbits can go below the fence, and this is what is creating the problem in the first place. Shooting however cannot be an option.

OK the problem with the dogs is you will only get one or two at a time because they will bolt as soon as the carnage starts, if you can get permission from that land owner outside the wire for me to shoot the surrounding area, game on, I have basc insurance, and my riffle is near silent so won't bother livestock. Hope this helps
    Tim
    A dog is not just for Christmas... There should be plenty left for boxing day!