Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How not to start the new year. Graphic images for some people!

welcome to the joys of the axe learnt my lesson when I was 13 could have been worse we could be calling you stumpy ha lol all the best for the new year first lesson over sorry didn't show a finger

Wanderer
    All the best stu and glad I don't have a new nick name stumpy lol

i had a roller cutter on a flooring sample "chopping board" cutting slingshot pouches...
    when all i did was roll it off the end and it just touched my leg...

i first noticed a cut in my jeans about 30 secs later but no blood...
    while inspecting the hole i noticed it had actually cut clean through about 4mm skin exposing the white layer underneath...

i thought about stitching it up, but in the end i just glued it shut...

this was maybe a month back and its healing nicely... a few weeks before that i cut into my thumb with my opinel... luckily the bone stopped the blade... that bled a hell of alot... but magic superglue to the rescue again...

Wanderer
    No the feeling the bone stopped the axe on my knuckle so I didn't loose the finger lol.

Samuel Hearne
    You were lucky I remember when working as a butcher my hands were cold and I lost concentration and chopped through thumb with the steak knife that I was sharpening on the steel, it was all because the ex girlfriend walked in, 12 stitches and thumb set in a splint for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    You were lucky I remember when working as a butcher my hands were cold and I lost concentration and chopped through thumb with the steak knife that I was sharpening on the steel, it was all because the ex girlfriend walked in, 12 stitches and thumb set in a splint for a few weeks.
    My brother was the same, using the meat slicer and got distracted and ended up with his thumb running along the blade. They managed to stitch it back but he still has no feeling on one side of his thumb some 25 years later.

Wanderer
    Glad I didn't cut the tendens in my finger lol. N glad m not a butcher haha

Alone in the Wilderness
    I know how u feel sliced my hand open carving a spoon with my new crook knife

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I was chopping up a railway sleeper when I was younger (around 15 years old) for kindling. Saw cut into blocks, followed by use of the axe short lengths for kindling. The axe caught my left index finger just above the knuckle, near took off the finger. I still have the V notch around the finger as a reminder As I was reminded, if you can do such to yourself, what would you do unto others? I still have that axe.
    Regards
    David

Stuck a banding needle through my little finger, cut my left thumb guider with a steak knife when steeling and boning a crop through stabbed myself in the thigh

All as a young padawan ;-)
    [