Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 392 Air Rifle

Benjamin 392 Air Rifle

I just picked up one of these for target shooting and small game.

Nice air rifle, and quite powerful with it's .22 caliber pellet at 685fps.
    It is also almost entirely wood and metal, which is nice.

Mine was purchaced used, and needed some cleaning to get it holding air, but these air rifles are quite easy to work on and I had it fixed in about half an hour.

Anybody here own and shoot one???

Samuel Hearne
    I own a few air rifles and use them to control rabbits, pigeons and general vermin, the Benjamin that you have got looks like one I had as a kid over 30 years ago.

I have a few airguns for pest control.ranging from PCP Carreer 707 carbine ,BSA lightening.etc.
    Tho I do not have a Benjamin,I dabble a bit with the CROSSMAN 2240/50 range,convert to HPI.etc.
    as you say very easy to work on.bit like having a maccano set.or doing a jigsaw.once you get the hang of them.
    There are alao plenty of specialized performance parts available both sides of the pondClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Co2 006.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	12761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Co2 007.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	12762This has altered a bit since pictures taken been converted to HPI,14" barrel,n a Red Dot sight fitted

At 685 fps with a 15g pellet you should be around 15/16fpe.so you should have no problems taking small game.
    Last edited by midas; 28-12-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Looking at investing again as my last BSA was given away a few years ago through lack of use.

Nice mods to that 2240 Midas, adding a stock looks to make it much more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman Zack View Post
    Nice mods to that 2240 Midas, adding a stock looks to make it much more useful.
    The stock also includes a power adjuster,n stronger hammer spring,the transfer port is also a "maxiflow."The barrel on it now is 14"which is twice the size of the one in the picture.Run it on air rather than Co2, at around 1.200psi.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Looks like a good rig mate. Still bothers me that its much easier to get an air rifle in the UK than it is in Australia.

Yah, I don't understand heavy restrictions on airguns in some countries, they are ideal for small game hunting and target practice, but not likely to be used criminally.

Well, in Aus i need to fulfill the same license and storage requirements for an air rifle as i do for a rimfire rifle or a single shot/double barrel shotgun. Storage requirements arent an issue, as i'm fully behind locking away firearms when not in use, but as an example, my mother and father live on 10 acres of property full of rabbits with no other dwellings within half a kilometer, but as that size of property is too small for a rimfire rifle or shotgun, you cant get the Category A license required for an air rifle.

Then again, slingshots are illegal in most states in Aus. The only thing we have over you mob across the pond is we are still allowed to bow hunt.