Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPM Goretex Jacket Army Issue Any Good?

DPM Goretex Jacket Army Issue Any Good?

Hi Guys

I`m in need of a new jacket for Bushcraft/Hiking my cycling jacket is a bit bright,
    I`ve looked at the army issue Gore-Tex jackets online and they look good for the money,
    Anyone tried one or have one and have any feedback?

Also where can I buy one in Cornwall?

Cheers
    Adrian

I have one and I like it a lot. But two problems. No cargo pockets, and the hood is to large as it is made to fit someone wearing a kevlar helmet. But there is a simple mod for that :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I've had one for more than 20 years now and I've had my money's worth and will get more still. As with any ex-mod kit, it's in the shop for a reason so if you can give a thorough going over before purchase then so much the better. I think my head may be a bit bigger than Rune's though.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Samuel Hearne
    I have had no problems with my Gortex jacket, you will find that you can get DPM jkt a lot cheaper now as they have been replaced with MTP, have a look on evil bay.

Just looked on the bay of e and it looks like I`m to big for one

Gutted!!!!

In that case look for a new paclite MTP one....hardly worn and in sizes big enough for Crab Air storemen and Drs surgeons and other staff back at Bastion....failing that look for a French or German goretex...same material but available in large sizes too
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    I've had one for more than 20 years now and I've had my money's worth and will get more still. As with any ex-mod kit, it's in the shop for a reason so if you can give a thorough going over before purchase then so much the better. I think my head may be a bit bigger than Rune's though.
    Mine is the newer model. I think I can fit Darth Vaders helmet inside it :-)

I'll let my good youtube friend, Luke explain the problem and how to fix it :-)

He talks about the jacket from 5:45

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I have a German army flecktarn parka made out of sympatex (German equivalent of Goretex) - probably one of the best jackets I've ever owned. Blends in perfectly with my woodland surroundings while being a very effective outdoor shell. You can buy them with a removable quilted liner for a few extra £s. I opted out of that and just bought the parka itself as my outer layer.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Arm...item1e6ca9952f
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ge...item3ce2b76d87
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    I have one and I like it a lot. But two problems. No cargo pockets, and the hood is to large as it is made to fit someone wearing a kevlar helmet. But there is a simple mod for that :-)
    It does not have pockets as it goes under the combat jacket. But I know what you mean

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies,

Just thought i`d let you know that i bought a German army parka in A1 used condition
    for £31.95 at my local Army Surplus

Adrian