Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: registration for learning english

registration for learning english

Hi, as suggests the title, i come from an other land - a little bit on the south than you (France to be more precise)

Of course there is French bushcraft forums, but the reason why i log on naturalbushcraft is that i'm preparing a geology examination. And English is one of the various theme for being an engineer.
    How can i improve my english ? My hobby is the bushcraft, so why not learning bushcraft in english ?
    So please tell me when i use a wrong word or if you don't understand me, i'm trying to speak and write better for my examination !

(we can notice that i've ever register on bushcraftuk, however the atmosphere looks impersonnel and in my opinion bushcraftuk seems too big))

Now, about my hobby ...
    Well, i started by building a little house near a cute river into the forest :

By this way i've been hearing about "living in the woods", also called Bushcraft.

I decided to inform myself about it, and i discovered a new passion. Then i learned a lot with french forums and finally experimented by my own in the woods. Like that :

At the age of 16 i've even make a course at Ray Mears company and success at this week, for my 18 i went 2 weeks into a enchanted forest : Brocéliande (where Merlin the Magician died). 2 years ago, i travelled in the Jura mountains during 1 month, only with my backpack and nothing else.
    And my last expedition was this summer, in Canada ! I've planed to paddle for 1 month by canoe like our ancestors : the trappers or the voyageurs. Me and a friend have filmed all our adventure and we'll soon make a film -more precisely a documentary- about this trip.let's watch the trailer ! Unfortunately only in french ...

So, it's just a little view about myself, if you want to discover what i do, please make a turn on my youtube channel, i've a lot of videos about my bushcraft experimentations :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8q...19Hi410JNBb2sQ

I think i've told all what i've to introduce myself, if you have any question about me, please comment ! I'll try to answer you in a -not too- bad english !!

Ciao,
    J-K

Welcome to the community. So far your English seems better than some of the native folk on here

Bonjour Mon ame Jacob,Welcome to the forum.Your english is a lot better than my French.
    I am sure you will fit in just fine,and there will be much we can learn from one another.Avoir.mike.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Hello Jacob and welcome.

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Hello Jacob, welcome to Natural Bushcraft..

Hi Jacob and from Shropshire, Ken.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Bonjour, Jacob
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    to the forum jacob, reading your post you should have no problem with your exam

Welcome, Jacob, from me in Liverpool, New York, USA.

Excellent idea to improve your language skills in this manner.

I was just joking with my children the other night that the only phrase I know in French is "Je ne parle pas français."

All the best!

Josh
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~

thanks for your answers guys, i really appreciate it, i received much more comments here than on the bushcraftuk forum !

This place looks very pleasant

see you on a futur thread !