Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Kent! :D

Smile Hello from Kent! :D

Hi folks!

Joined up to hopefully learn a few new things and tag along or arrange some meetups. I've dabbled in bushcraft for a long time now, practicing a little and reading a lot, but I'm looking to get stuck in a bit more! I'm really looking to improve on my plant identification and fundamental bushcraft skills, as well as get out a fair bit and do some overnighters.

I'm also into Urbex - some of my pictures from my adventures are here. I try to get out to watch wildlife locally a couple of evenings a week and sit in the grass, even if I'm knackered/busy as it's so relaxing! Found a beautiful little habitat with hare, owls and foxes, so that suits me very well. I also car camp and tour for long periods in the summer, the longest was 15 nights in Wales. Other than that, I enjoy a little plink with my airguns. I have a mothballed PCP in need of a service and I've just bought a new Hatsan springer for some fun!

I'm based in East Kent, so if anyone fancies a leave-no-trace stealth camp let me know, I'm free most weekends!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hello Jim and welcome.

I'm originally from Kent and am known to pop back down south from time to time. My former neighbour has some land near Yalding so hopefully we may see you there on one of our future outings.

Cheers,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Hi Jim,Welcome to the forum!sure you'll fit in just fine.atb.m
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Hi Jim,Welcome to a great forum, I have recently moved to east kent and having been looking for somewhere to stealth camp so would be up for this

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Hello Jim, welcome aboard..

Thanks for the welcomes, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Hello Jim and welcome.

I'm originally from Kent and am known to pop back down south from time to time. My former neighbour has some land near Yalding so hopefully we may see you there on one of our future outings.

Cheers,

M@
    Sounds dapper!

Quote Originally Posted by simonkent View Post
    Hi Jim,Welcome to a great forum, I have recently moved to east kent and having been looking for somewhere to stealth camp so would be up for this
    Where abouts in East Kent are you? I know of it being done in Thornden woods near Canterbury, also around Maidstone and there may be patches down Faversham way in the Kent AONB. Otherwise if you're further East, there's some wild little patches outside Dover, I'm sure. It's a good time for it I reckon, as it's just starting to get colder.
    Last edited by SlimJim; 06-10-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Welcome to the community

Dia duit, Jim, agus fáilte go dtí an bpobal Bushcraft.
    Got to agree with you - nothing quite like quietly watching the deer graze or the Red-tailed hawks swoop down after their prey .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin