Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: End of the world 2012!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey87 View Post
    The stupid, and those unfortunate enough to live in/near major population centres (which just so happens to be where intelligent people tend to congregate). Such is the case with any major disaster, cities become black holes.
    everyone thinks of survival situations in forest/mountain & desert, i spend hours each week thinking about urban survival situations ie no power, shops, transport network ect. could understand it if i lived in london or another city, but i live in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by luresalive View Post
    Cool, wonder which one of us will be the first one to get one with a figure 4 !!!
    there are some great articles on home made cooking gear and tents ...all sorts of useful stuff....but Im not into the actual zombie stuff lol .
    oh well try again

ginsters pasties may take over !
    bacon on the fire

Quote Originally Posted by wizardbiz View Post
    everyone thinks of survival situations in forest/mountain & desert, i spend hours each week thinking about urban survival situations ie no power, shops, transport network ect. could understand it if i lived in london or another city, but i live in the country.
    I'm sure the all those motorists & residents in and around South and North Anston in South Yorkshire had never considered what to do when they found themselves stranded for 72 hours in the snow back in Dec 2010. Luckily some residents had the wherewithall to open a relief centre using donated foodstuffs and bedding in the first 24 hours as the first emergency services didnt arrive until then.

Lorry drivers were ok sleeping in their cabs as they were prepared for nights out but many car drivers ended up hypothermic as they ran out of fuel.

The village shops ran out of milk, tea, bread et al and anything that needed to be brought in or taken out had to be done on foot or by 4 x 4, including the sick and injured. Home care staff and medical support could not reach the population without the use of suitably equipped 4 x 4 's hence the calling in of Mountain Rescue - in fact the first emergency service on scene was mountain rescue.

I wonder how long the people of Boscastle were without basic services after the flooding. I know people in Sheffield and Doncaster and Rotherham went without basics for at least 48 hours after the flooding in 2007.

The most powerful & serious threat to our continued wellbeing is mother nature herself. She has a nasty habit of letting us know just how insignificant we are
    [

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LandRoverMatt View Post
    ginsters pasties may take over !
    Oh God!! Do you think that might really happen?? What can we do to avoid this catastrophe??!!!

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Oh God!! Do you think that might really happen?? What can we do to avoid this catastrophe??!!!

Martin
    Buy Devon pasties?
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Pasties I prefer the end of the world or Pies LOL Maybe it would not be the end but the start of a new world
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by Metal mug View Post
    Buy Devon pasties?
    Swearing is not permitted on this forum Jack.... devon pasties indeed!!!!!
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

what about good old Cornish pasties made from grandmas
    bacon on the fire

Quote Originally Posted by LandRoverMatt View Post
    what about good old Cornish pasties made from grandmas
    Should cure the cost increases in care of the elderly
    [