Thread: Clueless...

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar

Clueless...

Can anyone suggest how much (approximately) I should pay for a Daiwa 'Matchmaster' Supreme fishing rod please? It's 14 feet long and appears to be in good condition with all the rings? eyes? seemingly in the correct places. Son's birthday coming up and I know zilch about fishing gear, but I know he mentioned this rod in a local secondhand shop. No price label and I'd be happier if I had an idea of value before I spoke to the shop owner....

Mr Google doesn't help, well he might but I'm too thick to find the info...

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    I really only Lure fish now, haven't match fished for years, but I do remember a Daiwa "matchman" supreme (not matchmaster) it was an old fiberglass rod, nice though.. if it's the one I'm thinking off then you should be able to get it for less than £20.. if it's a different rod, then I'm not familiar with it.. sorry.

Trapper
    If you have an in-excess store near you pop in and check out their fladen fishing gear lots of reasonable price ok gear, seems to be a glut of it around so low prices.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    " but I do remember a Daiwa "matchman" supreme " Ha! That's the one.. Thank you. I just caught the shop keeper too. £25 with a rod cover and he threw in a rest, well it's a Y topped stick really.. but the rod looks virtually unused.

Problem solved John_McC but I'll bear Fladen in mind for the future, like Christmas...Noooo ! did I mention that.