Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kit Giveaway

Kit Giveaway

I am selling this item as a private seller and this sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit.

OK, all, I've been having a bit of a clearout of the shed and I have some pieces that haven't been used in just about forever. I was going to sell them but, to be honest, I can't be bothered with listing them all and pricing them individually, and packing them all up, and carting them down to the post office. And there's nothing there that is, on its own, particularly valuable.

So this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to give the lot away to the first person who is happy to come and collect them!

Here's a picture:

We have -
    A 10cm Zebra billy
    A homemade hobo stove
    A gas stove
    A couple of plastic pots
    Three green (Blackhawk!) MOLLE pouches
    A 58 water bottle (one of the Osprey ones - not the inferior Webtex copies)
    A stainless steel coffee pot
    A leather possibles pouch (you'll have to provide your own belt loops for it)
    A Joker carbon steel 2.5" non-locking folding knife (not pictured)

That's just about what you need to get yourself started! And, best of all, since it's been used it already it has a bit of colour to it so you'll go out looking like a grizzled veteran rather than a wet-behind-the-ears beginner!

A couple of things to keep in mind:

1/ No, I am not willing to split it up. I can't be bothered, so please don't bother asking. You take it all or nothing. I don't mind if several of you get together and share it out, but I am not willing to deal with mulitple collections.

2/ You have to collect it. I live in mid-Kent, just to the south of Maidstone. You collect it. No, I am not willing to post it, even if you are willing to pay for postage.

I am not willing to get into a discussion on the above two points and will not reply to anyone wanting to.

So, there you are. Free to the first person who is willing to collect!
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

That's very kind and generous of you to give this equipment away, I hope it goes to someone just starting out in bushcraft, well done to you,
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Not that kind of generous of me, but thanks for saying.
    It's all been in the shed, not being used, for ages. For all intents and purposes, it's worthless to me. I'm not using it, and not likely to. I very nearly chucked it all in the bin - it's just taking up room and the space is more value to me. I just thought that if it could go to someone who would get use out of it then that's its real value.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:

Thinking:

Still generous mate, even the thought that someone else could use it rather than just throwing it away, your doing your bit for the recycling side of it if nothing else.
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanbilly View Post
    That's very kind and generous of you to give this equipment away, I hope it goes to someone just starting out in bushcraft, well done to you,
    Well done H ... been considering making some space myself , and like you ,

I couldn't be bothered to try the selling / posting route !!!

Gifting it to anyone willing to collect sounds like an excellent option !!!

Please let us know how it goes ...

I'll have to go through my stuff and see what I could gift to make a package worth collecting ...

Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

To bad I do not live near you ;.)

But realistically...the lot wold just trade places from a shelf in your shed to a shelf in mine, along with all the other bushcrafty stuff I've got my hands on over the last years, except a few things that is always with me.

So hope someone starting out comes along to pick it up. Lots of nice and usefull bits in there :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I've seen on other forums a section for gifting and the general idea if you get an item from someone and then pass on an item of your own, and so it goes on. Great idea.
    Bless you, your offer is even more generous (and shame I'm too far away)

Hmm; let me look on my store for something to pass on...
    Does it have to match a rough net worth?

Quote Originally Posted by janso View Post
    Hmm; let me look on my store for something to pass on...
    Does it have to match a rough net worth?
    If that's aimed at me, then you needn't worry - I don't want anything for them! That's the whole point - I'm trying to make room.
    If you're interested then let me know. Just remember, you've got to come and collect.

Kestrels:

Thinking:

Can't believe not been snapped already, maybe someone could send you a prepaid box?
    How abouta suggested charitable donation to a worthy cause of your choice (did I say I work for a charity lol) as this day and age everyone seem wary of something for nothing!
    I dislike queing at the post office with grannies and prams and people with awkward shaped parcels, my posting life was made really easy when I discovered myhermes, they collect of my doorstep you don't even need to talk to anyone, it great (I'm not as grumpy or antisocial as I'm sounding, honest)