Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makers Market?

Hmm...I suppose it covers it in a vague kind of way.
    But I want cold, hard, juicy, details.
    I want dirt and filth. Maybe some kind of tabloid expose, including B-list celebrities, cheap tarts, cocaine, and benefit cheats. I want outrage. And anything less will be...will be...an outrage.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

If that's what you want then I suggest popping to the paper shop, any of the red tops should suffice I hear the Daily Fail does quite well
    [

I can see it now.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bushcraft News.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	12523
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

If anyone else wants justification as to why the decision was made then below is the original note on the forum index from Ash the owner/creator of NB - thos isn't some mod weilding the ban hammer.

"The 'Makers Market' section of this forum will be closing down very soon due to the abuse of some.

This section was reluctantly opened at the request of some of the community but has become more hassle than it is worth to maintain. NaturalBushcraft has never been about money-making and we're not here to be used as an advertising platform for others.

The "Buy, Sell or Gift Kit" section may stay, if it does it's rules will likely be updated soon so keep an eye on those"
    [

I'm sad to see it go, but I think the removal was in fact necessary. On most US-based outdoor forums, everything is about money, and it has become an out-of-control scenario. Honesty is thrown out the window just because some people want to make some $$$ on the side. Let's face it, the Bushcraft economy is a big one, and some entrepreneurs takes things a bit too far. I've even seen business rivalry (albeit on a small-scale) between sellers trying to out-compete each other. It's complete and utter nonsense and does NO ONE any good.
    This is one of the reasons why I enjoy the community here on NB; because aside from the mass majority, this website is not out to make money...it is not a business. It's a place for folk to share ideas and knowledge - let's keep it that way .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Let's just say that a big part of the decision to remove the section stems directly from the fact that we mods. have been spending way too much time, hammer in hand, trying to make it work - despite the attempt of some users to make the section their personal commercial outlet.

Personally I would MUCH rather spend my time doing knife reviews and taking photos of snails fornicating...

This forum is about sharing knowledge - not about making money. Not for us - not for the users.

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Let's just say that a big part of the decision to remove the section stems directly from the fact that we mods. have been spending way too much time, hammer in hand, trying to make it work - despite the attempt of some users to make the section their personal commercial outlet.

Personally I would MUCH rather spend my time doing knife reviews and taking photos of snails fornicating...

This forum is about sharing knowledge - not about making money. Not for us - not for the users.
    [

This is a great and unique forum. If the moderators needed to take this action to preserve its essence then so be it - I do hope it doesn't have to go so far as to losing the buy sell or gift section which captures much of the qualities of the site that should be treasured rather than abused.....