Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makers Market?

Makers Market?

I for one will be sorry to see it go!
    Though I've never used it,I do enjoy seeing what people have made.!
    There are some very talented people producing interesting "things"that would otherwise be unseen.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I thought of that too, Midas, but at the same time, I thought that there are plenty of folks posting pictures and stories of things they've made just to get a little positive feedback, and those folks will probably keep doing so in the appropriate part of the forum. I'll look forward to seeing the next home-made blade, kuksa or ditty bag, and I hope people will continue to share their projects.

All the best,
    Josh
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~

Its a shame one or two individuals spoiled it for everyone else.

No reason why makers shouldn't put their latest works on the forum for all to see......just won't be able to sell them.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post

No reason why makers shouldn't put their latest works on the forum for all to see......just won't be able to sell them.

Would it still be possible to contact "makers" via personal message sevice

and make private arrangements ???

As in ... "I really like that knife ... could you make one for me please Adam

and how much would it cost ???"

Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

And makers will still be able to have links to their websites etc via their signatures as they always have.

Trying to monitor the sales section really became an unnecessary and unwarranted nightmare when simple guidelines were provided for all. There were repeated attempts to keep it on track, and even a revision of the rules implemented to make it somewhat more obvious, but the rules were constantly being bent and manipulated. Simply leaving it would have allowed the forum to become a free-for-all for every business or person wishing to advertise or sell their goods and would have soon become a very unsociable place to be.

The very ethos of Natural Bushcraft is that the forum is a free platform where information can be given and received freely. The Makers Market confused things a little but was worth a try, and for the moment the Buy, Sell & Gift It is continuing whilst decisions are made on its future.

Please continue to post your work on the forum for folks to see as we all have an interest in the various crafts and shared skills, there is nothing stopping forum members contacting each other with a view to exchanging items if so desired. Personal messages will be the best way to approach this as neither Natural Bushcraft nor its moderators can be involved in any such exchanges, or play any part in resolving any issues as a result of such exchanges.

Thanks folks.

Thanks jus-

nice explanation ...

Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post

Thing is it seems to be the same individuals who create the same hassle on other forums too, pity it wasn't a case of just banning them and allowing everyone else to trade in peace.

Not my decision Luresalive....although I do support it 100 %. Just so you know the offenders were given bans of varying durations, came back and did it again or were replaced by new folks who just couldn't follow a few simple requests.

Folks can still trade in peace....

To quote Jus Young from above posts

'The very ethos of Natural Bushcraft is that the forum is a free platform where information can be given and received freely. The Makers Market confused things a little but was worth a try, and for the moment the Buy, Sell & Gift It is continuing whilst decisions are made on its future.'
    Last edited by Silverback; 12-09-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    [

So who are the ones who have been abusing it?
    Come on, name and shame!
    And how have they been abusing it? What have they been doing?

Oh, and the Buy, Gift, Sell thread has to stay! Have people been abusing that as well? I have used it myself, both to buy and sell stuff, and every time it has been seamless and simple and a real pleasure. It's such a good way to get rid of unwanted kit. Bushcraft is a very minority activity in the UK and the odds of randomly fidning someone who may have need for a 12cm Zebra billy, or an authentic Maori fire-starting kit, is pretty limited. So the Buy, Gift, Sell thread is an essential part of the community. I hope it hasn't been taken advantage of because that's certainly not my experience.
    Last edited by Humakt; 12-09-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Humakt I shall refer you to an answer given some hours ago by Jus Young:

"Trying to monitor the sales section really became an unnecessary and unwarranted nightmare when simple guidelines were provided for all. There were repeated attempts to keep it on track, and even a revision of the rules implemented to make it somewhat more obvious, but the rules were constantly being bent and manipulated. Simply leaving it would have allowed the forum to become a free-for-all for every business or person wishing to advertise or sell their goods and would have soon become a very unsociable place to be."

I think that covers it quite well
    [