Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For A 1 Man Tent

Looking For A 1 Man Tent

I have had to sell my SAS bivi tent because of back issues and am now looking for a replacement. One that I fancy is the Mil Tec one man recon tent.

I have seen them for 69 pounds and cheaper on Amazon for 53 but their feedback is not that good.

Anybody else know where I can get one cheaply.

Cheers Neil

If your back is getting that bad Neil, I would go for something a little taller mate. I used to use a Vango Banshee and it was an absolute nightmare when my back was bad as you couldn't sit up straight or get dressed very well in the damned thing.

Thanks Jus and MM.

I'm not so bothered about the getting dressed aspect as depending on the weather, I usually take a tarp as well.

I was just looking for something compact and easy pitch. I also thought a one man tent which is double skinned would be warmer on those colder nights.

I think I need to look at my options again and see what else I can buy whether new or secondhand.

I have no more than seventy quid to play with so that limits it a little more.

Horses for courses on these kinds of things.
    The only real recommendation is to take yourself down to your local camping shop and have a look.
    All I would say is beware the 'man' ratings. These are based on floor space and how many bodies could occupy it. By the time you get your rucksack inside and a few other bits and bobs...well.
    Look for a 2 man tent - then not only will you be able to get inside, but so will your bag and kit and give you a bit of 'fidgeting' room.
    1-man tents are next to useless.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

I have seen the wild country zephyros one man tents going for eighty quid. A little more than I want to spend but look ok. Has anybody used one and how high are they.

Hey, just a thought.... Have a look to see if there is any Pro-Action Tiger Paws up for sale. Its a one man tent, but has plenty of space inside for you and your gear. It has a great porch area and is tall enough to sit up in. Aluminium poles (no fibre glass nonsense). The tent is super sturdy when up. ATB

I had the Zephyros 1 lite for a short time but found it had the same issues as my Banshee, no head room what so ever so made getting dressed somewhat of a pain in my occasionally painful back.

Thanks guys.

Jus

I looked further into those two a couple of nights ago. I came to the conclusion that everything I looked at just wasn't quite right.

Tried out BigT's MilTec Recon tent on Saturday evening. I can't say much about the sleeping part as I didn't get much due to the side effects of forgetting to bring my meds. Apart from that, actually being in it wasn't that bad at all. One of those Polish Army bed rolls fitted in with ease and had plenty of space to hold a Bergan at the bottom and other stuff at the top end. The head height is 80cm but looks lower from the outside.

The write up on them says they are stormproof (I don't know how true that is) and the detachable flysheet has vents. Very quick to put up and not a huge weight at 2.7kg all in.

I have a north ridge col from go outdoors cracking little tent with room for gear single alloy pole I can put it up in just a few minutes side opening door