Thread: Bramble Jelly

Bramble Jelly

Pouring with rain yesterday so it seemed like a good time to get stuck in in the kitchen. Made 12 jars of Bramble Jelly with a load of blackberries foraged whilst camping last weekend. Not bad for an hours foraging.

This is the recipe I used. http://www.eatweeds.co.uk/blackberry-jelly-recipe

Really tasty on hot toast. MMMM!

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Nice one

My brother went on a preserves craze this year as we had a boom in Black Raspberries earlier in the summer. We've got a few gallons worth of jam and jelly .
    I was expecting a heavy crop of Blackberries, but they were only out in force for a week and then puttered out to níl...oh well. Now I'm eagerly anticipating the Autumn Olives (Elaeagnus umbellata) in October - you can gather the berries by the pound in minutes .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    My brother went on a preserves craze this year as we had a boom in Black Raspberries earlier in the summer. We've got a few gallons worth of jam and jelly .
    I was expecting a heavy crop of Blackberries, but they were only out in force for a week and then puttered out to níl...oh well. Now I'm eagerly anticipating the Autumn Olives (Elaeagnus umbellata) in October - you can gather the berries by the pound in minutes .
    Lmao and you didn't bring any of this with ya buddy?

Haven't had this in years we used to have a wild berry patch going back when I was a kid. Made a day of gathering berries though thinking I ate way more the. Anyways my grandmother would make loads of fresh homemade pies damn I miss that
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

Quote Originally Posted by bikebum1975 View Post
    Lmao and you didn't bring any of this with ya buddy?

Haven't had this in years we used to have a wild berry patch going back when I was a kid. Made a day of gathering berries though thinking I ate way more the. Anyways my grandmother would make loads of fresh homemade pies damn I miss that
    My brother hoards the stuff...can't really blame him, since he did pretty much all of the harvesting and preparing himself. My methods are quicker and simpler, which is why I prefer fruit leathers and dehydrated foods over canning and jellies.
    Seeing as how the Autumn Olives have ripened early this year, I'll make 'ya a batch of fruit leather .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Love bramble jelly and jam.

Every year for the last fifteen, I have made at least 20 jars to keep the missus going throughout the year for her morning toast. Its been one of the best years I can ever remember down here in Cornwall for blackberries and I'm hoping to get a few more before they dissapear.

Top job. My wife made some from my little collection effort. Unfortunately I cannot help myself eating a few whilst collecting. Or is it collecting a few whilst I ravage the hedge!