Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend gloves.....

Recommend gloves.....

Hi guys, what with the colder weather coming in a little quicker than usual, I am looking to get to good pair or gloves for camping hiking, dog walking etc, does anyone have any recommendations on what to get. Thanks in advance Andy

I use a cheap as chips pair of Leather Drivers gloves from a safety shop, they are a really supple leather,comfy and warm. I love em (can be seen in my gallery under bits and bobs)
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Its horses for courses!Prefer the neoprene gloves,(ALDI under a £5)forefinger n thumb fold back if need to operate "Gun".If need to have more sense of touch,use a pair of golfing gloves,/Driving gloves.n put a pair of mittens over them if very cold.n they can be slippped off.Also have some "Black Mamba"rubber gloves if conditions wet etc.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Cheap as chips magic gloves from the pound store have been my go to glove for general everyday use over the last 13 years....Really does depend on wjat I'm doing though. If its really very cold then I have a pair of fleece or silk liners and Dachstein mitttens.

Over the last year I've been wearing oakley and mechanix tactical gloves for different things including mtb which seem good, not sure how they would fair in very cold situations although then seem to do ok in afghan winters,

Used the aldi fishing glove as my go to glove for working in and around water and the finger 'holes' made tying ropes/krabs et al much easier and they did keep hands warm to a degree when immersed
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Cheap for the cold neoprene round water and leather for hard wearing, other than that it's down to what suits you

I agree with Sapper on the magic gloves, and i bought sum Aldi mittens last winter that look like they where made by terra - novas side line... Extremeties

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/clothing...-gloves-mitts/

I can reccomend the sticky liner gloves over the Berghaus power stretch. They will serve you well !

Second Suggy on the extremities kit .... I have some extremities fingerless gloves that can become mitts
    [

I go with Sapper on the cheaper gloves.

Picked up a pair of really warm 2.5 tog full hand thermally lined gloves from Home Bargains last week for the pricely sum of £1.49.

I know its not Winter yet but tried them on and found them to be really warm.

Thanks for your comments guys

There is NO cold weather where I live so I've never owned any gloves except when I was in the NAVY & as a child growing up in the frigid northeast...I wore wool mittens then & leather gloves while in the NAVY....

DomC
    Survival is about getting OUTof the bush safely, bushcraft is about getting INTO the bush and thriving.
    "A knifeless man is a lifeless man." Nordic proverb...
    "the more you know, the less you need."
    Gal 2:20