Thread: Log Splitter

Log Splitter

I think all you'd need for a meet is a very long extension lead and maybe a wheel barrow and hey presto! Low effort log splitting. Apart from wheeling the device to the woods that is.....

"If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

where would i get a worm that big! lol
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Don't let Health n Safety see these.lol.
    Splitting logs with a maul,is the only exercise I get!,when I'm at the farm in France.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

device to the woods thatI think all you'd need for a meet is a very long extension lead and maybe a wheel barrow and hey presto! Low effort log splitting. Apart from wheeling the is.....
    Ive seen one welded to a spare rim on a pickup truck and the back end jacked up to let the back wheels turn and split the logs ! worked pretty darn good
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Now this is how you split a real log, no H & S here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHJu...eature=related and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmtMv7Cz0HA
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

My lads got one of these 1/2 built, dont know if he'll ever finnish it but I hope not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0VKvYB4xss
    Last edited by Rasputin; 14-08-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Give Mark a Gransfor small forest axe and he's pretty efficient regardless of the log size.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.