Thread: Sharing a Hammock

Trapper

Sharing a Hammock

Has anyone tried sleeping with a partner/friend in the same hammock ?

The thought had crossed my mind recently and was wondering just how practical it really was ?

Could be quite fun, but is it possible to actually sleep ?
    Not all those who wander are lost .... J. R. R. Tolkien.

A friend of mine has one of those family hammocks which he brought back from Mexico several years back.

I have seen tv pictures where whole families sleep in them every night and they seem to hold up very well.

Here is a UK company that makes the traditional type along with ones that hold more than one person.

http://www.hammocks.co.uk/index.htm

Hennessy Hammocks make a two person hammock. Although it is really marketed for people with back problems that can't get around very well, or for the larger framed person.
    http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/s...eluxe_classic/

I have an explorer Hammock from these guys. Great customer service too! I do want to get another hammock for lounging around too.
    Last edited by Mujician; 20-08-2014 at 03:41 PM.

My wife has sleep apnoea....sadly its bad enough sharing a bedroom never mind a hammock
    [

I see that this thread isn't new but I'll add a comment quickly.

There were people sharing Hennessy Explorers who seemed quite happy with the setup some years back. I've tried this with mine however and you have no choice than to sleep very close and changing your sleeping position will generally wake your partner. It also invalidates the warranty. The Hennessy Safari on the website description says for cosy couples and there is substantially more room in them but it would still be very close because of the way the hammock sits when occupied.

A good hammock for duel occupancy it the Clark Vertex. It's essencially two hammocks in one. They hang independently but are connected in the middle by a storage area and the bug net and weather sheild encapsulate both sleeping areas together to make one space. It's not as comfortable as the Hennessys as you don't lay as flat but it's more like being in a tent with your partner or kid. One of the nice things is you can get out without affecting your partners hammock. The downsides are that you have to find a suitable spot with three well positioned trees and also the expense. Clark cost a fortune and then you have to pay import duty on top unless you're making a journey to the states.

Another good solution is the Tentsile range. Essentially tents that are ratchet strapped to three trees. There are two and three man versions available. Google them, they're very cool. Also very expensive but if anyone is interested I can give you a discount code for their website.

Other than that it's tent of cuddle up close :-)