Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edinburgh Area

Edinburgh Area

Hi folks, just a quick one:

Anyone in the Edinburgh area up for regular meet ups, occasional overnighters etc etc

Think most buscrafters/ outdoorsy folk in Edinburgh pass like ships in the night.

If interested fire me a pm or reply, would be great to meet some like minded folk.

oh and also.... If anyone can help, I had a trainee bushcraft/survival instructor from France in the shop where I work, he is looking for people that would be willing to meet up with him when they return to Scotland at some point in the future. Looking for folks that could show him what bushcraft in scotland is all about, as he lives in the south of France and would like to test his equipment and his skills in Bonnie Scotland and meet some new people. If interested please PM me.

Cheers

Jimmy
    Last edited by Jimmy- JGW; 11-08-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Missing content

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi Jimmy

I am based in Leith during the week and return to the family home in Dundee for most weekends. I am a 38year old, chubby, outdoor lover - in a pre child life I open canoed, hill walked, wild camped, gorge walked etc but as my daughter is 5 I need to curtail my outdoor endeavours to the occasional Friday night under a tarp with fillet steak, red wine and what ever is on my iPod. I tend to visit the hills around Abernethy (Perth). I am looking to meet like minded outdoor numpties with a view to overnighters and talking all things conspiracy, supernatural and Fortean.

Give me shout if u fancy meeting up for a natter and a beer

Cheers

Iain

Hi there I'm up for meets and some overnights pm me sometime.I'm in Fife.

Hey Chaps,

Thanks for the response, just a quick question.....

A friend of mine is trying to organize a meet up for Scotland based bushcrafters, wildcampers etc is this something anyone would be interested in? There is no set date yet, but there are a number of people interested - would be a decent way to make alot of new connections.

Cheers

Jimmy

I'd be up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    I'd be up for that.
    I'll keep you informed, still getting a number and looking at possible venues.

Im in Chirnside in the borders but I'm up in Edinburgh quite a lot so would be up for a meet

P.s Great shop you work in by the way! Got my GB SMA from your store at Granton Square.
    Last edited by RoughRambler; 29-09-2014 at 12:11 AM.
    Kris MacLeod
    Youtube Channel

Hey Jimmy.

Hope your west highland way trip went well.

I'm rarely in Edinburgh but might make an exception if we can organise something. I'll still need to visit your shop when I get a chance (I was talking to you on your channel I'm the guy with the Fjallraven Singi Parka)

Alone in the Wilderness
    Just to revisit this post. I would love to find some like minded folk up for the occasional wild camp/meet up, the nights are getting long enough and the weather better (in a Scottish type way). Give me a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,I'm just over the bridge in fife and would like the chance to meet like minded folk for skills share and overnighters.Bushcrafters a tad thin on the ground here.regards Soliman.