Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings All...

Welcome to the community Shane

This kind of challenge has been done before and can be achieved. This is one that was completed not so very long ago -

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...oke-one-month!

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome and response to my question. Many blessings to you all

What has been mentioned about hunting difficulties has definitely given me food for thought (pardon the pun!). UK law is most assuredly not in favour of the bushcrafter/survivalist. Also i don't think the average UK person would favour sponsoring such a challenge if i was to hunt, being somewhat removed from the whole processing of butchery these days. But thats a whole different area to get into elsewhere and possibly verging on a political no-no, so i'll say no more of that

I'm thinking now to consider it like a survival scenario and therefore allow myself a typical day pack, including a days ration of food + a good meals worth extra. If i then make sure those foods are mostly all protein packed i can ration them over the days as at least a minimal source of protein to complement whatever i can forage. I think this way it's more doable, at least the thought of having that option is making me feel much more comfortable about giving it a try.

Welcome to the forum Shane
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Hi SittingLion
    Where about's are the wilds of Essex (apart from Basildon) ?.

Hello and welcome. Good luck with the project.