Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Kent

Alone in the Wilderness

Hello from Kent

Been running around in the woods for about half a century! Pretty happy outside under a tarp. Never really got around to trapping small game although I love the idea and particularly want to trap grey squirrels. They are wrecking my bit of wood land. I do a lot of shooting, 0.22LR and 0.17 hmr for rabbits, 0.22 air for squirrel, rabbit and pigeon and 0.243 for deer. I like a bit of foraging and risk the occasional mushroom. Coppicing is my weekend job, logs for wood burners and recently planking sweet chestnut for garden furniture. Also kitchen spatulas and the occasional spoon. Next project is an ash longbow. Wood is seasoned and first attempt is imminent!

Hi greenhout
    Welcome to the forum, I am interested in your project of the long bow, it's something top of my list to make, please post or better still put a tutorial together, ive herd yew wood is what they used to make them out of, good luck
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Hi Greenhout and welcome. Which bit of Kent are you from? I'm previously a resident but am now in the Midlands,.

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Fáilte go dtí an bpobal Bushcraft.
    Would love to see your longbow progress
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    to the forum from N.Wales

Hi and from Shropshire, Ken.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

from Gravesend
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Welcome from North Wales
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Hi budTo the forum,I'm from the other side of the river to you in Essex a member of the Essex and Kent breakfast club.We meet up for overnights 2/3/4times a year,you are welcome to come along at the next one,when sorted,wot part of Kent are you from? The best way to trap grey squirrels I've found is a large rat trap with peanut butter on it,cable tie it to a branch leaning up against the main trunk of a tree.ATb .Dont get eaten by the bears.........Tony.