Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A lovely cuppa outdoors!

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Oh dear n I thought having a cuppa was a peaceful affair.lol.
    It is Mick and Ime hoping that I havnt offended AJ with my comments (now live in Salop but born up north ) I really dont like to offend people but I really do hate fire scars and the like, but you know what we are like up north, a spade is a spade ! But judging by his comment he has took it to heart, I think ! atb Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

This forum is getting full of argumentative trolls , seems there's always someone waiting to take pot shots or snipe / gripe and i'm fed up of reading it .
    I have always loved logging on here when inspiration or knowledge was needed but after i was wrongly dismissed on another thread and then reading this and other posts where peoples eagerness to get involved and comment have been slapped down i'm done with it .
    To all the decent members on this site (most of you ) onwards and upwards and good luck .
    oh well try again

No I didn't take it to heart. I don't like to see evidence of humans in nature but many of us like a fire sometimes and one man's ceiling is another man's floor and just because someone lights more fires than I do, in different circumstances, doesn't make them irresponsible or a nature hater. Its not the opinion giving that I don't like, its the ones that come across as 'holier than thou / my opinion is right'. (and I'm not saying that yours fall into that category Rasputin). My attempt at lampooning clearly went astray, maybe its because I'm an obfuscating Southerner.

I must be thick skinned,n docile?cos never get offended,or intend to give offence.(Though I keep getting told off for using CAPITALS/UPPERCASE Its just the way I type.)(Didnt know how to "Highlite "txt etc.)
    There will always be missunderstandings.when your not face to face.and often whats acceptable to one isnt to another.!
    Overall its a great site,full of interesting people and subjects.All the BEST everyone.PEACE..V..mike.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    No I didn't take it to heart. I don't like to see evidence of humans in nature but many of us like a fire sometimes and one man's ceiling is another man's floor and just because someone lights more fires than I do, in different circumstances, doesn't make them irresponsible or a nature hater. Its not the opinion giving that I don't like, its the ones that come across as 'holier than thou / my opinion is right'. (and I'm not saying that yours fall into that category Rasputin). My attempt at lampooning clearly went astray, maybe its because I'm an obfuscating Southerner.
    Good to hear that AJ, I to like my Fires, there is nothing better than sitting at one and chilling, and not paying for or humping in fuel. Glad I didnt offend atb Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.