Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A space for the dog...

A space for the dog...

Hiya!

I have always just camped with a tent, but I want to get mysef a tarp and (maybe) a hammock now. However, I got a dog and I wouldnt know if he would be ok with sleeping on the floor while I dangle above him in the hammock. I think I wouldnt like that either. Have any of you got experience with this? Is there a solution?

What about sleeping on the floor with the dog? Are there special mats you would recommend?

Thanks a lot!!
    Jana

A good question, I have taken my dog when I have had a tent but never when I hammock for the same reason as you have said above. I have seen some people take the dog into the hammock with them. Suppose it depends on how big you dog is.

Yes, I thought about taking him in as well. Hes still only 6 months at the moment but he will be a big black lab who loves swimming. So I dont really want him next to me all wet and taking all the space

Hmm, something to think about!

The dog sleeps underneath. If your worried about your friend wandering, just tie him/her to the tree. They soon learn.

I'v only ever had huntting dogs that do as they are told so dont go walk about,unless you tell them to get off home,they stay buy your side unless working in front of you.As Justin said untill traind tye it to the tree under your hammock.You are the alfer mail it shouldant leve you unless told.

I'm just a big softie when it comes to my dog, so if she comes with me she sleeps in the hammock, cheers Ian...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0_0_0_0_115_65_csupload_59738578_large.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	12320
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    I'm just a big softie when it comes to my dog, so if she comes with me she sleeps in the hammock, cheers Ian...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0_0_0_0_115_65_csupload_59738578_large.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	12320
    What he said!
    When life gets you down...Hammock!
    It's amazing how far away the world can feel when you're suspended just two foot off the ground!

I think I will try and let him sleep in the hammock and see how he likes it. I guess it woud be good to stay warm
    Thanks for your thoughts!

So wot your saying, your going out in the woods to sleep with your dog.......Ya right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    So wot your saying, your going out in the woods to sleep with your dog.......Ya right.
    Stirling - where men are men and dogs are worried!
    When life gets you down...Hammock!
    It's amazing how far away the world can feel when you're suspended just two foot off the ground!