Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Old Favourite - Nuclear Attack

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    A virtual link to the inside of a ROC Post.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbbFd2a_SXY
    Regards
    David

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,

Regards
    David

Trapper
    A small nuclear war, say between Pakistan and India would destroy civilization as we know it. So you folks in the UK and everyone else will be F#@*K just like the Indians and Pakistanis.

A big nuclear war, say between Russia and the US and the human race will almost certainly become extinct within a few years.

It's called nuclear winter and if you can't any grow food for ten years that is one hell of a diet. And it gets worst, nuclear winter could be fallowed by nuclear summer. I'm sure the rats and cockroaches will do just fine though.

Link to Wikipedia article on nuclear winter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Fun fact for you preppers; the average surface temperature of earth will be cooler than at the time of the last big ice age when half of North America and almost all of the UK was cover by an sheet of ice up to 3000m thick.

You preppers won't need a whole lot of bullets as there won't be many people left to fight with, but you will need one huge pile of beans.

Trapper
    Well the only emergency item I would open is bottle of JD and sit back to get a sun tan. Lets face it, its with worrying about

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    I just hope if someone's going to drop a nuclear bomb they give plenty of warning, as I need to unplug the solar panel connected to the batteries on my boat. A big bright flash could easily boil my batteries...and they're expensive to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    I just hope if someone's going to drop a nuclear bomb they give plenty of warning, as I need to unplug the solar panel connected to the batteries on my boat. A big bright flash could easily boil my batteries...and they're expensive to replace.
    It was 4 minutes when we were glaring at each other across the Berlin Wall
    [

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    It was 4 minutes when we were glaring at each other across the Berlin Wall
    During the 1960's I and the other children did “duck and cover” drills in school. We were told the Russian missiles would take less than 25 minutes to hit our city (Winnipeg).

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    During the 1960's I and the other children did “duck and cover” drills in school. We were told the Russian missiles would take less than 25 minutes to hit our city (Winnipeg).
    It was 4 minutes to the UK....we used to have drills here too, well air raid warning siren tests right into the wall coming down.....by glaring I was making reference to the cold war
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    I've got very vague memories of a badge or label that you were supposed to pin on. If it changed colour it meant you were cooked and radio active!!...and they wouldn't let you into any bunker/shelter