Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Old Favourite - Nuclear Attack

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................head.................... ...............

As usual nobody thinks Ilfracombe exists so I haven't got to worry too much.

Trapper
    Looks like North Cornwall has no strategic value which is odd considering the GCHQ site near Bude.

Tribal Elder
    That map is pretty old...80s 90s i think

It'd suck if there was a nuclear war...i'd be the only forumer left drinking tea out of a baked beans tin in my little makeshift bunker:'(

Hobo
    too many rings around around Liverpool but we are the centre of the Universe

to be honest 99% of the indusrial targets were destroyed by the last 2 governments,theres no Sheffield steel works and the docks are all gone,and all the circles in the midlands will only be killing our resident enemies anyhow. i know of 2 old ROC shelters near me that are still usable,and one fallout shelter within 30 minutes travel,but the question is would i want to survive it? one part of me thinks it would be a bit mad max scenario,but in reality it would be more 'when the wind blows' dieing in a squalid XXXX covered room of radiation sickness ,thankfull that all the sods that caused it are safe and sound in their bunker at corsham and rudloe manor just up the road from me.
    Last edited by Martin; 20-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

just the sort of jolly threads that spring up on NB forums all the time
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

I'd think about where they were most likely to drop the first bomb and then head for there.
    After all, who'd want to survive a nuclear war?

Where i live, someone would probibly nick it and weigh it in for scrap before it went off, so we'll be OK !
    There's no brew without fire.

just put your head between your knees and kiss your ar*e goodbye
    [