Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Old Favourite - Nuclear Attack

Tribal Elder

An Old Favourite - Nuclear Attack

It's happening,

A minor squabble between Nato and Russia ended abruptly when Russia used a nuclear torpedo to sink an american naval group. The US retaliates by destroying and a Russian Airbase.

You have about two days before a strategic exchange begins.

What do you do?

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Well, looks like St Austell gets away with it so don't think I need to be too worried. And, those down in Camborne would never notice if a bomb was dropped on the place.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Tribal Elder
    Martin you probably have a 4 star bomb shelter :P

I'm screwed if that happens :O

I'll come down and sit in Martin's shelter!
    When in doubt Brew-Up!

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambii View Post
    I'm screwed if that happens :O

I'll come down and sit in Martin's shelter!
    see that really thick area of circles in scotland? I'm in that Glasgow is a high population/densite/value target, as is Faslane and the nearby army facilities....

Well, in Londinium, we wouldn't know what h

Don't go any where, the fallout will kill you anyway. Morbid I know but its fact.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Banned
    If you can say "What was that?" you're lucky for the moment.

Used to know about radioactive decay and all that. Believe you need shelter above protective factor (PF) of 40 and to stay there for a fortnight at least then you have twenty minutes at a time outside to fill in your Lotto entry and stuff like that. Don't eat or drink and limit breathing and you'll be fine.

A yacht with a closed, sealable cabin out at sea or on a large lake would actually be very good protection if you had a sort of mast mounted shower system to flush off fallout.

A middle flat up a tower block well below the roof would work providing no balcony and wall and window ledges are flush and there has been no blast/flash damage.

Tribal Elder
    Crap, I guess my plan of digging a hole in the side of a mountain and hanging out in there for as long as possible wouldnt work? The MOD NBC suits are cheap...was gonna get some of those

I'd go over my favourite wood with my family have a brew and when we see the flash put you'r heab between you'r legs and kiss you'r ass good bye...........GOOD LUCK............DONT GET EATON BY THE BEARS.