Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powdered Milk

Tribal Elder
    i don't mind the powdered stuff keeps the weight down, i take coffe and milk powdered sachets anyway so i only have a small ziplocked bag of milk. although i have before now taken qt instant tea but i need sugar in it to drink it lol
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

food of the devil gives me really bad heartburn strangely enough
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernYeti View Post
    I'm unfortunate in that any commercial dairy seems to wreak havoc in my bowels. I'm not lactose intolerant, and I haven't had any issue with raw milk.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

I've just had a cup of tea with powdered milk (actually, it was 'coffee whitener').
    I'm afraid it was the work of Satan and his evil minions...
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Humakt View Post
    I've just had a cup of tea with powdered milk (actually, it was 'coffee whitener').
    I'm afraid it was the work of Satan and his evil minions...
    wrong stuff for T, creamer is more than dried milk, It is ORRIBLE in anything. imo
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernYeti View Post
    +10
    Don't use powdered milk it's bad stuff, I would rather do without than use it, bowel troublemaker. Options are really small bottles from pound shop filled with milk and put in flask of cold water, or maccy D's sachets, all depends how long you need them to last for, long life milk is better if your out for a while, just keeping them cool is the hard part.
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Nido full cream milk powder is the best of the lot, not bad at all. You will find it in the Likes of Tesco superstores or good Asian stores; its by far the best tasting but shop around for the best price. This site is superb and free delivery on orders over £35...take a look at the pouch meals. Good long shelf life and not expensive
    http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acata...DKgaArki8P8HAQ

Most of the pouch meals are boil in the bag, 300g and less that two quid, check the site and you will often find 2 for 1 deals
    http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acata...-Curry-p1.html

As I said, its a great site
    Richard
    South Wales UK

I remember a bodger type guy on TV a long time ago used condensed milk, he said that if the 'conny onny' goes gloopy when added to a brew it means the water is not safe. I don't how true it is so has anyone heard anything similar ?